Zimbabwe and Barclays

Options
After reading the article in the Daily Mirror on 1st July about avoiding companies that invest in Zimbabwe, I would like to change my bank from Barclays. However I have been unable to find a bank who gives the sort of details I am looking for. Also I strongly object to call centres abroad and would like a bank whose call center was in this country. Can anyone help me with the name or a bank or 2 that would be suitable please.
:confused:

Comments

• lifesuckssometimes
    Options
    Give the co-op bank a try .they are user friendly, BR friendly and so they say don't invest in crackpot {MY words not theirs}:D countries..
    NO!
    MY NAME IS NOT WORZEL
    IM JUST FEELING SLIGHTLY ROUGH TODAY
  • ShelfStacker_3
    ShelfStacker_3 Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    Barclays have been terrible for this sort of thing. IIRC, they also invested and did business in South Africa during the Apartheid era, while most companies didn't. Whatever turns a quick buck, I spose.

Another vote for the Co-Op here, although apparently their actual banking services are a bit dodgy.
  • Dylanwing
    Dylanwing Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Options
    Nationwide have been pretty good.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,334 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have found the Co-op to be pretty good, with their staff far more helpful than anyone could reasonably expect. (When I had a bad credit record and needed to borrow money to move house and start a new job, they not only gave me the loan I needed but told me about a loophole that meant it was totally free of interest!) The main problem is that they don't have that many branches, but if you are happy with on-line banking then just use Smile, who are excellent.
  • debster369
    debster369 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    I have found the Co-op to be pretty good, with their staff far more helpful than anyone could reasonably expect. (When I had a bad credit record and needed to borrow money to move house and start a new job, they not only gave me the loan I needed but told me about a loophole that meant it was totally free of interest!) The main problem is that they don't have that many branches, but if you are happy with on-line banking then just use Smile, who are excellent.

They don't have very meany branches but you can pay money into your account using the post office and it credits immediately.

My mum banks with them and finds them helpful on the odd occasion she has had to phone them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure