Pet insurance willing to accept prev conditions

Options
Hi Guys,

I am struggling a little here and thought there may be somebody who can help or point me in the right direction.

I am looking to insure my 5 year old dog (pedigree), the problem i am having is her recent eye conditions which cost just over £1100 hence reason for getting insurance.

Majority of companies appear not to accept any previous or existing conditions, Pet Plan confirmed they would agree to insure her however they would exclude eye probs for 12 months and then reconsider. The cost for this however is £23 per month just for her, when i have managed to get my other 2 dogs insured for £18. per month (£9 each) both are previous condition free.

Does anyone know of any insurers who would consider her even if they imposed conditions for 12/18 months.

Many thanks

MissG
The best things in life are for FREE!!!
If you like what you see and find this info useful, please use the thanks button. It costs nothing and means so much.

Comments

• Ian_W
    Ian_W Posts: 3,778 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi MissG,
    I'm no expert but I suspect you won't get a blanket answer of "X,Y or Z co's will cover you" as it depends so much on the existing condition.
    If there is a high likelihood of it recurring or complications from it then I suspect most will excluded it completely. If further problems aren't likely then I suspect most will impose a moratorium on claims connected with it as PP are offering.
    Only way you'll find out what co's will offer is to contact a few and get them to underwrite it based on your dogs pre-existing complaint.
    PP are good but I think a tad expensive and have used PDSA for a recent addition. Their T&Cs say:
    Signs of Incidents which were apparent prior to the
    inception of the Policy are not covered unless otherwise
    stated by Us.
    So the possibility is there that they will cover it but you'd be better ringing around a few co's to get quotes.
    At the end of the day you can't blame insurers for being wary of taking on conditions that existed before the insurance was in place.
    HTH.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport