Co-Op Bank Free £100

Options
Hi

Just got through my letterbox co-op bank offering £100 to new accounts, however you must deposit £800 a month, and the free £100 I will get at the end of November. Just wondering is it fine me opening an account now, depositing £800 a month (then withdraw the £800) so its a cycle of the same £800 entering the bank, then once I have recieved the free £100 simply closing my account, would this be find to do?

Thanks

Comments

• Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you mean this account?

(Notice the cunning juxtaposition in their graphic - all totally 'ethical' - which is saying you only get interest on the linked savings account at 4.5% - not on the current account - hence the 'plus' I imagine)

Is there a code to quote on your leaflet since it may be possible to apply over the phone (0800 0287287) and quote that to them?
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • Solac
    Solac Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yep ive got a quote thing, I dont want to use the bank account, just want the free £100 then just close the account, just wondering if theres a minimum time to have the account.
  • bitsnbytes
    bitsnbytes Posts: 325 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Doesn't say anything online, so perhaps it is a one off promotion. I guess it is best to call them and ask them, perhaps share the details online so other MSEs can take advantage :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure