Can Powerhouse do this ?

Options
Hi there i ordered one of the Sharp 172 Widescreen TV's that were listed on the powerhouse website. There is actually a post about this bargin in the Shop But Dont drop section. It cost £200 plus £20 for delivery. So i ordered one last night and got the confirmation e-mail ect. My credit Card was charged. Then a couple of hours ago i got this e-mail from them
Dear Mr Fallan,

Unfortunately, an error occurred on our website which has generated responses to all of our customers awaiting stock of the Sharp LC-17SH1E 17" Widescreen TV. Regrettably, we do not have stock of this product as it is now discontinued. In view of this we have had no other option but to cancel your sale. A refund will be processed and £219.99 credited back onto your card within the next 10 days.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or distress that may have been experienced.

Regards

I am hopping mad about this. Is there anything i can do about this? I was actually ordering this for my 72 yo father as a nice set for his bedroom. So as far as they are concerned this order is from a 72yo man that they probably think they can just palm off with any old line. Can they do this ???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure