Buy to let help

Options
2»

Comments

• ziknik
    ziknik Posts: 248 Forumite
    Options
    LollyS. Is there anything forcing you to move house? Do you need to relocate, or suffered a family break up?

Do not sell if you are not a forced seller. The equity in your flat is not unhealthy, could you stay where you are and review your situation in a few months?

If you really really need to move. Set a sensible price for it and demand twice the price cut from the house you are buying. (if you cut your price by £10k, look to get a £29k discount off your new purchase).
  • LollySaver
    Options
    We really want to move to a bigger property, there is nothing forcing us to move - except now the fact that we have a concluded missive on the purchase (not my decision - long story). Sellers of the property we're buying now wont budge i'd imagine on the price, will just have to keep our fingers crossed we can sell the flat!
    :hello:
  • Trollfever
    Trollfever Posts: 2,051 Forumite
    Options
    From the mention of missives I assume that you are in Scotland.

Have you discussed the position with the solicitor who advised you?
  • herbiesjp
    herbiesjp Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Options
    LollySaver wrote: »
    Hi, we're just looking to avoid selling our flat as we're struggling in this market, trying to find an alternative. We dont have the deposit for the new property as we planned to use the equity from the sale. Looks like we may have to go into open bridging if we complete on the purchase - if that is even available. Starting to get really worried now!

Ah right!

So you were looking to increase the mortgage even further then to utilise some of that equity

Non starter re-mortgaging on a BTL let basis

Have a work with your current lender and see if they will grant you consent to let - make sure the deal has no tie ins. SVR would probably be a good option if they offer it. However if you don't have the deposit, I don't see how this will work
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure