Loophole Lion or MoneySaving Mouse?

Poll started 11 October 2005: Are you a Loophole Lion or a MoneySaving Mouse? Almost every week in the Money Tips e-mail there's a new loophole, such as £25 opening incentives for accounts you don't use or deliberately beating price promises to get more than your money back. How many loopholes have you taken advantage of since you've been using this site?

A. None, I'm too scared that it'll go wrong and end up costing me loads
B. None, I haven’t got the time or patience
C. One or two, I tend to go for the ones with the really big savings
D. Three to five, I use the ones which affect me most, and love it!
E. More than five, I'm a MoneySaving maniac and go for them all!
F. I'm new not seen any yet!

Vote here or Click reply to discuss.

Did you vote for F?
If you've not seen any yet then you're obviously not getting the Tip. Add yourself to the email distribution list and you'll soon be seeing plenty of loopholes!
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: [email protected]

Replies

• SystemSystem Forumite, Community Admin
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Community Admin
    Best one for me was the Boots Advantage Card Points on Fragrance Free and Cucumber Skincare ranges.

Made about £200 in points buying £70 worth of stuff and still have about a year's worth of Facial Wash and other bits left over! :D
  • I've scooped a few free cash ones, Egg, Cahoot, First Direct etc. I've also gone for the Mediterannean range one at Boots and just recently the cough mixture one, and the BIG/CIG one in Tesco too.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • It really depends on how busy I am, I always try to moneysave. But when I am less busy I have more time to apply for cards and go to the shops to take advantage of the loopholes.

I do get a real buzz out of it though :D
  • Former_MSE_ArchnaFormer_MSE_Archna Former MSE
    1.9K Posts
    MSE Staff
    Poll Title: Poll started 11 October 2005: Are you a Loophole Lion or a MoneySaving Mouse? Almost every week in the Money Tips e-mail there's a new loophole, such as £25 opening incentives for accounts you don't use or deliberately beating price promises to get more than your money back. How many loopholes have you taken advantage of since you've been using this site?

C. One or two, either the easy ones or the big savings
    37% (319 Votes)
    D. Three to five, I try to do them whenever i can!
    16.8% (145 Votes)
    B. None, I've neither the time nor patience
    13.2% (114 Votes)
    F. I'm new not seen any yet!
    13.1% (113 Votes)
    A. None, I'm too scared it'll go wrong
    13% (112 Votes)
    E. More than five, I'm a MoneySaving maniac!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Last week's energy Q&A with MSE experts

MSE Forum

Ninja Kitchen air fryer & grill £175

Normally £250. Excl Northern Ireland

MSE Deals