Tesco Wine order - Useless!

Options
Placed an order for 3 cases of wine with Tesco Wine for a party at the weekend using a £10 off voucher. Delivery man turns up with one case and some lame excuse about customer services calling me later to arrange delivery of the other 2 cases. Rang customer services today to be told my order had now been cancelled and I'd still have to pay the £5 del charge for 1 case of wine!! As the order was now below £50 I wouldn't get my £10 off either! I was told that there was no way I'd get my del charge back as it was in the T&Cs! I was furious! Anyway rang back to vent my anger at a supervisor and was immediately given my £5 back with no hassle at all! Just goes to show, if at first you don't succeed keep calling them until you do!

As a matter of interest I've actually stopped shopping at Tescos because I kept getting overcharged or not getting the advertised special offer and find Asda far better and far cheaper. It wouldn't surprise me if Tescos ends up like Sainsburys who used to be No. 1 and now are No.3....
Don't blame me, it was like that when I got here!

Comments

• m277
    m277 Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A similar thing happened to me last Sunday. I ordered a lot of food for a bbq, enough to feed about 100 people, and was only sent enough food and drink for 50. So I had to make my own trip to tesco and pick up some extra food. I explained all this to customer services and got a refund for the food. The guy on the other end couldn't apologise enough, but I did have to work him down to pass me on to his supervisor who authorised the refund.
  • Number_6_3
    Options
    I've ordered 3 times off of Tesco's and each time there have been problems.

First time was a wine order. Order arrives half the wine is missing. So I contacted Tescos allegedly out of stock. Funny. Can still order the wine on the website. Also freely available at the local Tescos store where it is delivered from. So I contacted the customer services, sure enough the wine was reoordered and was delivered a hour later. Same bloke who admitted dropping it. Blatant lying on Tescos part.

Second order was for some flowers. Ordered for a Monday. Turns up on a Saturday. There is some small print on the splash page of Tescos flower (when you scroll down to the bottom) saying they may be delivered 2 days early. If you go straight into the order as I did nothing is mentioned about it. Contacted Tesco as I was somewhat annoyed that the flowers turned up on the wrong day thus spoiling the special occasion they were brought for. They were the crapiest bunch I've ever seen. Definately not the £30 worth I paid for. To add insult to injury they were half dead and died 4 days later. £7.50 for a manky bunch of flowers. I'm still awaiting a call from a more senior member of their customer service team! They also refused to take the flowers back. Not sure if flowers are covered as part of the statuatory rights for online buying.

The third order was for some groceries. They turned up early outside the delivery slot. Several items were missing (sure enough freely available at the local Tesco store) Not sure if this was a cynical attempt on their part to Weasel out of the 1000 bonus clubcard points. (Still awaiting confirmation they have gone on)

All in all would not recommend Tescos to my worst enemy. Appaling service and even worse customer service to right the wrongs. :mad: :mad: :mad:

R
  • Outtathaway
    Options
    Number_6 wrote:
    Several items were missing (sure enough freely available at the local Tesco store)

Have you not thought that more of the item was put on the shelf in the time between the person picking your order and you going to check? The people who pick the orders act like normal shoppers. If you wanted a specific item and it was out of stock it can't be bought, the same applies for .com orders
    Titch :)
  • Number_6_3
    Options
    Possible I suppose, but I'm a bit suspicious that its happened a few times and each time the item is on the shelves. Particularly as Tesco's have been less than honest about the reasons for non delivery.

I can accept sorry had a bit of an accident we broke your order, we'll replace it as soon as possible. I won't accept its out of stock when it clearly isn't.

In any case I check straight away...

R
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family