We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
The Debtbegone Challenge!
Comments
-
Congrats on NSD. Cover easy? Why I can' get work like thattlong haul no 65:sad:
Official DFW nerd no 783
Proud to be dealing with my debts0 -
kika - I don't have a clue how I managed to get this cover, it's just cleaning offices but the people who work there are so tidy and clean it's a breeze! The other cover I've got lined up for the end of the month won't be like that though!
I'm slacking a bit on the moneymaking front, didn't get any listings on ebay today (well yesterday now!), spent most of it curled up in a blanket feeling a tad flu-y but business sales have been going well today so that's a bonus!
NSD yesterday and today, mainly because I hardly went out of the house though so it's cheating a wee bit really, though I did stop myself from buying from one of my favourite websites. Got an email with sale details and I went browsing but then "I don't NEED any of this" popped into my head
Going to put up a wee list of what I hope to achieve today then come back to it later and update - gives me a bit of a "kick up the bum" to get stuff done!
*Make, wrap and post all orders from the weekend (then avoid spending any dosh in the shop!)
*List AT LEAST two items on ebay
*Do some more work on my dress (weddings on Friday!) so I'm not rushing at the last minute, will post a pic when it's finally done
*Hoover
*Do my holiday cover work
Not too big a list to start with but enough that I KNOW I should be able to do, NO procrastination today!The debtWILLbegone - taking it 1% at a time
Grand Total Owed: [STRIKE]£11,000[/STRIKE]£9962 Kicking the evil HBOS card's butt: [STRIKE]£4920[/STRIKE]£4495
1% (£50) at a time member #121 - 11/100
0 -
Procrastination is my middle name. I tell myself its because I work better under pressurelong haul no 65:sad:
Official DFW nerd no 783
Proud to be dealing with my debts0 -
debtbegone wrote: »[strike]*Make, wrap and post all orders from the weekend[/strike] (then avoid spending any dosh in the shop!)
[strike]*List AT LEAST two items on ebay[/strike]
*Do some more work on my dress (weddings on Friday!) so I'm not rushing at the last minute, will post a pic when it's finally done
[strike]*Hoover[/strike]
*Do my holiday cover work
Getting there, though I now have more stuff to wrap ready for posting (which is a good thing!) and I did spend £1.97 on blooming juice in the shop, stopped myself from buying lunch though and had some soup and toast when I got back. Have £4.50 to do me till Thursday now.Procrastination is my middle name. I tell myself its because I work better under pressure
Maybe we're related!
Ooohh forgot to add I paid £62.04 off the bos card today, random number but that's what I had in my current acc over the £100, don't want to pay too much off it at the start of the month and leave myself with nothing at the end!
Got a balance transfer offer in the post today, from bos :mad: I think they send me them every blooming month :rolleyes: Still waiting on one from tesco, fingers crossed! If there's no offer I think I'm just going to transfer anyways as my interest rate will be waaayyy better than it is on the bos card.
Apologies for the ramble!The debtWILLbegone - taking it 1% at a time
Grand Total Owed: [STRIKE]£11,000[/STRIKE]£9962 Kicking the evil HBOS card's butt: [STRIKE]£4920[/STRIKE]£4495
1% (£50) at a time member #121 - 11/100
0 -
Things got so bad I never used to get balance transfer offers, now they're improving I keep getting offers. I just bin them now they charge you.long haul no 65:sad:
Official DFW nerd no 783
Proud to be dealing with my debts0 -
debtbegone wrote: »[STRIKE]*Make, wrap and post all orders from the weekend[/STRIKE] (then avoid spending any dosh in the shop!)
[STRIKE]*List AT LEAST two items on ebay[/STRIKE]
*Do some more work on my dress (weddings on Friday!) so I'm not rushing at the last minute, will post a pic when it's finally done
[STRIKE]*Hoover[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]*Do my holiday cover work[/STRIKE]
Woop! just going to settle down with the dress and a needle and thread for an hour, have to do some gathers and basting so no machine tonight. I KNOW I've got some material kicking about for a petticoat too, will have to dig that out for tomorrow.
I also had a rather relaxing bath tonight and fixed the wireless on the laptop which means I can get back to stp (if my ears can handle it!) and have most of today's orders wrapped ready for posting tomorrow! Rather productive day
Kika I think I'm their perfect customer, I never miss a cc payment (though I've gone over my od limit a blooming bazmillion times) and have had around 2 grand on it for the last year. They could have saved a forest with the amount of rubbish they send me - good job I like recycling!
Tomorrow will be an ebay my [STRIKE]junk[/STRIKE] amazing treasures day me thinks, will get myself a list tomorrow too - worked wonders today!The debtWILLbegone - taking it 1% at a time
Grand Total Owed: [STRIKE]£11,000[/STRIKE]£9962 Kicking the evil HBOS card's butt: [STRIKE]£4920[/STRIKE]£4495
1% (£50) at a time member #121 - 11/100
0 -
Look forward to pic of dress I've just bought new sewing machine to do more. My mum gave me half and it was discounted so quite a bit MSE really.long haul no 65:sad:
Official DFW nerd no 783
Proud to be dealing with my debts0 -
Look forward to pic of dress I've just bought new sewing machine to do more. My mum gave me half and it was discounted so quite a bit MSE really.
Just got to put the zip in now, will do that later, dying my hair just now (£3.29 superdrug's own, swear by it!) and don't want to get any on it.
Spent £5.88 in town earlier on said zip for dress, hook & eyes and a bottle of juice
Had to take money out of the bank for it so won't take any out on Thursday. Tomorrow WILL be a NSD
I'd tried to be a bit mse and bought a cheapy make last year - BAD move it lasted about a month
Got myself a brother in Tesco for £80 just before christmas and it's Loverly, so smooth with lots of stitches but easy to use.
I think a good machine encourages you to sew more, am actually looking forward to making some more clothes now
List for the rest of today:
*make & wrap all orders from today
*sew zip in dress and hem skirt part
*find material for petticoat
*finish dying my hair!The debtWILLbegone - taking it 1% at a time
Grand Total Owed: [STRIKE]£11,000[/STRIKE]£9962 Kicking the evil HBOS card's butt: [STRIKE]£4920[/STRIKE]£4495
1% (£50) at a time member #121 - 11/100
0 -
Just popping in to say hi and well done on getting all those jobs done. Wish I could sew, multitasking is important one thinks in these times :TLong Hauler No: 51
DMP Mutal Support Thread No: 207
Proud to be dealing with my debts
DFD - June '13, aiming for December '120 -
Thanks mummum2.
I'm lucky in the fact that I've always dabbled in sewing, as my mum and gran did too, though this is the first garment I've done :eek:
On my list front - still in the process of wrapping orders (had oodles today, woop!) Put the zip in my dress, had to do it twice though so didn't get the hem done, looked for the petticoat material but no sign of it anywhere so I'll have to pop in town tomorrow, eep! Did dye my hair though, looking good!
Will be back in the morning with my list for the day, hopefully get it all done unlike today
The debtWILLbegone - taking it 1% at a time
Grand Total Owed: [STRIKE]£11,000[/STRIKE]£9962 Kicking the evil HBOS card's butt: [STRIKE]£4920[/STRIKE]£4495
1% (£50) at a time member #121 - 11/100
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards