We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I thought i had a good credit score

Options
I thought i had a good credit score i currently owe approx. 1k on current credit card with the 0 % running out in Nov.05.I recentley applied for the capital one card with extra long 0 % balance transfer.I was knocked back for a credit score below there requirements.Their letter stated that my current financial comittments with joint accounts could have been the reason.
My situation is: small buisness(2 members),3 number buy to let mortgages ,car loan and personnel mortgage the buisness company bank account and buy to lets and car loan are with buisness partner (joint accounts) personnel mortgage with spouse. Credit card with my self 1 with 1k owing, 1 with zero owing.
Never been in arrears with ALL properties or car loan,missed 1 "late"payment with credit card ,Buisness account have used authorised overdraft facility for a couple of months.
I want to take advantage of 0 % balance transfer deals to pay of 1k .
I don't intend to get another credit card (for purchases) for a while.
Can anyone advise?

Comments

• M_Thomson
    M_Thomson Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    saver1 wrote:
    I thought i had a good credit score i currently owe approx. 1k on current credit card with the 0 % running out in Nov.05.I recentley applied for the capital one card with extra long 0 % balance transfer.I was knocked back for a credit score below there requirements.Their letter stated that my current financial comittments with joint accounts could have been the reason.
    My situation is: small buisness(2 members),3 number buy to let mortgages ,car loan and personnel mortgage the buisness company bank account and buy to lets and car loan are with buisness partner (joint accounts) personnel mortgage with spouse. Credit card with my self 1 with 1k owing, 1 with zero owing.
    Never been in arrears with ALL properties or car loan,missed 1 "late"payment with credit card ,Buisness account have used authorised overdraft facility for a couple of months.
    I want to take advantage of 0 % balance transfer deals to pay of 1k .
    I don't intend to get another credit card (for purchases) for a while.
    Can anyone advise?

It is impossible to know what your credit score is and wether you have a high score as this varies from lender to lender. Looking at your accounts though I can see why commitments were mentioned and your score could be low with the lender you applied for. Every account you mentioned will show to a lender as available credit and it may be that the company you applied for thinks you have way to much credit already. It also depends on what your income is. Your best bet is for a credit card is your own bank.
  • saver1_2
    Options
    thanks for your reply
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills