Holiday Insurance

Options
Anybody know of a holiday insurance provider that will cover cancellation for Service reasons?

Got a small window to take a holiday when I return from the Sandpit but return hinges on a few things. Would love to book now providing I can get the insurance.

Comments

• Hinni
    Hinni Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    We use Pax and we currently pay £122 for family yearly cover. You can pay extra if you want winter sports cover. Also the price changes as to what you are doing eg if you go bungy jumping the price may rise a bit. The excess is only £50. Covered for medical expenses up to £5million, personal belongings up to £2k and cancelling/cutting short your trip up to £5k. Worth having a look on their website www.paxinsurance.com or give them a ring 0800 212480.
  • Sootblower
    Options
    Used Lloyds TSB for a holiday to Africa. I arraned the holiday myself & Lloyds gave us pretty comprehensive cover for 4 for £123. It also coverd cancellation for Service reasons.
  • fruitbat_2
    fruitbat_2 Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Go Travel Insurance (internet only I think) has been fine for the last two years.
  • The_Living_Coin
    Options
    I've always found Insure & Go cheap and the only claim I made with them was quick and easy (insureandgo.com)
  • EmmaWD
    EmmaWD Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I have also used insure and go, and they covered for cancellation during the fire strikes for us, they were very helpful as well!
  • Old_Trout_3
    Options
    I went through Forces Finance and the annual worldwide cover was approximately the same than with Boots which I've used before but Boots would not cover my holiday if something happens to hubby in Afghanistan....
  • reddoggybag
    reddoggybag Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have a look in the forces discount brochure we always use JBI insurance they cost approx £80 for a family annual cover to europe but they cover you for canx due to service reasons which most others don't.
  • lucky_me_2
    lucky_me_2 Posts: 195 Forumite
    Options
    Who have you booked your holiday through? I know when we booked ours through Thomas Cook, we had this as an extra that we had to pay for but was only around 30 pound.
  • bonsibabe
    bonsibabe Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Options
    We have DH's kit insurance through Abacus. It covers kit, house contents, publich liability, holiday cover, accident cover, and legal cover. Thats not all but just some of what we have covered and the price is reasonable!
    LBM - August 2008 - Debts then - £33390 :eek:- 2nd LBM - November 2009 - Debts then - £18500:mad:
    Current debt levels: OD £3860, Loan 1 £6091, Loan 2 £5052, Parents £260, Total £16133 :eek: As at 01 May 2012 - 51.69% paid off :j
    Aiming for a No Spend Christmas 2012!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport