have I been accepted?

Options
Started Uni in September 07 and applied for Student Current Accounts at the time with no joy (got a bad credit history).

At the time, Natwest offered me a 'Step' account as opposed to a student account with an overdraft.

Anyway, just tried again at the Natwest site and it told me my application had been approved and offered me a £1,250 overdraft. Good news hopefully.

Does this mean I have definitely been accepted, or will they still need to run additional checks? It says I just have to send back ID/proof of being a student etc and then my account will be open.

Does anyone know if I'm home and dry? I hope so! Cheers!!! :beer:

Comments

• UproarUK
    UproarUK Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Yea sounds like you are home and dry, just take in a certificate of student status which you can normally get from your SU/Student Services Dept (or sometimes they will just take your NUS card).
  • JPizzle
    JPizzle Posts: 143 Forumite
    Options
    Why do you need proof of being a student for a normal step account?
  • angellotz
    angellotz Posts: 742 Forumite
    Options
    JPizzle wrote: »
    Why do you need proof of being a student for a normal step account?
    for the student account, not the step - OP previously had a step account, but now has been accepted for a student account so will need to take in the certificate of student status .
    Wins since June: iPod shuffle 1gb, Samsung g800, cinema ticket, lush retro giftbox, 2x mp3 downloads, a big box of food (???)
  • jobbyjones
    jobbyjones Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    yeah, it's because it has an overdraft.

So does the only credit check occur while I am applying online (as previously I was refused at this point) or are there additional checks made even after my application has been 'accepted'?

How long should I expect to wait for the documents and can I just go into the bank before I receive these to speed up the process?
  • JimBlizz
    JimBlizz Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    The credit checks usually occur before it confirms the result of your application - so in this case it will be while you are on-line.
  • natweststaffmember
    natweststaffmember Posts: 12,063 Forumite
    Options
    The credit checks a lot of times can be done electronically but the application form will need to be signed. Once the account is open please be aware on student accounts that the Card and Cheque Book go to the branch where the account is opened at. This is for the first time a student account is opened. Hope it helps.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • jobbyjones
    jobbyjones Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    The credit checks a lot of times can be done electronically but the application form will need to be signed. Once the account is open please be aware on student accounts that the Card and Cheque Book go to the branch where the account is opened at. This is for the first time a student account is opened. Hope it helps.

Thanks for that info, I appreciate it.

Generally speaking, if an application is accepted, does this mean I have definitely been accepted, or will there be more questions to ask/checks to run?

The branch thing is no problem because I live near the branch.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure