We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Collision damage waiver

Options
:confused:
A friend of mine from work is going on holiday to America in November and has a query. I have told him that I am sure someone will be able to answer his question.

Which credit card if any includes a collision damage waiver if used to rent a car in the USA ?

Any help would be appreciated as he may need to apply for a new credit card.
Mum to 2 lovely boys who keep me busy.

Comments

• MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    UK cards don't offer this benefits. Most US cards offer it to US residents. I don't think there is a sensible way to avoid paying for CDW, but there are companies offering annual CDW policies at reasonable prices which have previously been mentioned on this site.
  • dc
    dc Posts: 2,547 Forumite
    Options
    CDW is only offered by American cards, most do (All Visa) because the way the hire business is operated there.

Here CDW is included in the hire rates so it has never been a " carrot" to use in competition between the banks. You could try some of the US firms in the UK, like Citi, Amex or Capital One.
    ac's lovechild
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport