We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Super BT help required

Options
I want to pay off a personal loan and with a credit card with low life of balance interest.
Unfortunately i can only pay off the loan by cheque (not by credit card). I have got the Texaco low life of bablance interest credit card already but can't do a Super BT with it.

So, I need a mule card to Super BT into my current account to pay off loan and then transfer the balance from the mule card to the low life of balance card.

I've read Martin's article (which explains it all very clearly) however it seems that none of the 3 Super BT cards he recommends will let you immediately do a fee free super BT.
Does anyone know of any card that lets you do a fee free super BT straight away rather than waiting a few months?

All suggestions gratefully received.
MS Stalwart. Used site for >10 years :j

Make Do, Mend and Minimise member - focussing on upcycling/repurposing and sewing

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    zebedy wrote:
    Does anyone know of any card that lets you do a fee free super BT straight away rather than waiting a few months?
    I'm afraid there isn't one now.

They're all 2% (max £50) now, with the exception of Mint at 2% (max £49) with cheques - although if you can wait until the end of November I believe the Mint cheques are BT fee-free.

Another option might be to use the new Egg Money card (old Egg Blue), but you'd need another BT card to feed it - or can you use your Texaco LOB to do this? Egg Money would then give you a fee-free SBT route via a BACS transfer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure