eBays proposed new logo.

Options
Given the changes that have been rolled out in the name of "improving the buying experience", improving trust and safety, and the democratic nature that these have been applied, eBay plan to update their logo to something more fitting.

mugabe.jpg
<--- Nothing to see here - move along --->

Comments

• FreheitOverture
    Options
    :D

It's kind of fitting really
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The comparison of a dictator who has been killing innocent people and overseeing poverty on a mass scale to a company making decisions that has left a few rich people whinging is ridiculous.
  • ArmitageShanks
    ArmitageShanks Posts: 1,905 Forumite
    Options
    ...lets not take things too literally.
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    RFW wrote: »
    The comparison of a dictator who has been killing innocent people and overseeing poverty on a mass scale to a company making decisions that has left a few rich people whinging is ridiculous.

That's the quickest I've ever seen Godwins Law take effect!!!!

:rotfl:
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • RFW
    Options
    stevew8975 wrote: »

Probably need another analogy, wrong dictator....
  • Avoriaz
    Avoriaz Posts: 39,110 Forumite
    Options
    What is the difference between Zanu PF and Ebay?

One is an organisation that started with good intentions but is now using its position of power to bully and terrorise the people, force through unpopular and discriminatory rules and takes no notice of what the majority want.

The other is a Zimbabwe political party.

With apologies to the original joke which was along the lines of..

What is the difference between Gordon Brown and Robert Mugabe?

One is a despotic, discredited and unpopular leader who clings to power despite the fact that the majority of his people want him to go.

The other is an ex freedom fighter.

PS, the fact that we are making jokes about Zimbabwe does not mean that we do not care about what is happening out there.
  • RFW
    Options
    Avoriaz wrote: »
    What is the difference between Gordon Brown and Robert Mugabe?

One is a despotic, discredited and unpopular leader who clings to power despite the fact that the majority of his people want him to go.

The other is an ex freedom fighter.

That's a credible joke and a valid comparison. I don't have anything against anyone making a joke of any kind, whether its funny or not is always a matter of opinion. No joke can ever offend me, I'm not sure why pointing out that it could be considered offensive or in poor taste is considered wrong:confused:.

I think some perspective wouldn't do any harm, some rich people moaning on an internet forum pales into insignificance with the horrors that are happening in Zimbabwe, unfortunately most people affected by that wouldn't be in a position to read this.
  • Avoriaz
    Avoriaz Posts: 39,110 Forumite
    Options
    RFW wrote: »
    That's a credible joke and a valid comparison. I don't have anything against anyone making a joke of any kind, whether its funny or not is always a matter of opinion. No joke can ever offend me, I'm not sure why pointing out that it could be considered offensive or in poor taste is considered wrong.

I think some perspective wouldn't do any harm, some rich people moaning on an internet forum pales into insignificance with the horrors that are happening in Zimbabwe, unfortunately most people affected by that wouldn't be in a position to read this.
    I didn't say that it was or it wasn't.

My comment was aimed generally as making jokes about serious issues sometimes draws flak on here. A few of us were criticised for engaging in banter on another recent Zimbabwe thread by someone who had family out there. An understandable reaction of course but the banter came at the end of a long and very serious thread where we had all mostly strongly criticised Mugabe and expressed great concern for the plight of the people.

Sometimes some light relief is needed. That doesn’t mean we don’t care or are making light of a terrible situation.
  • melancholly
    melancholly Posts: 7,457 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    stevew8975 wrote: »

but i thought you were never allowed to actually mention godwin's law ;) something to do with Quirk's exception? ;) (i'll get my coat!)
    :happyhear
  • Brooker_Dave
    Brooker_Dave Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    Options
    Avoriaz wrote: »
    What is the difference between Zanu PF and Ebay?

Zanu don't ban you for getting 1 neutral feedback?
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family