VW Golf Steering Wheel

antuk
antuk Posts: 358 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Hi all,

I have a very stupid question, does anyone have a VW Golf, with the multifunction steering wheel. If so how do you change radio stations or cd tracks on it? The only button i can get to work on audio is volume up/down, im sure it cant be this differcult but nothing works?!?!

Thanks!

Comments

• ANDY597
    ANDY597 Posts: 430 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    i have vw golf, but its a 1990 mk2 gti and your change the stations by reaching across and pressing teh button on teh very old stereo.
  • antuk
    Hehe, yeah i did that on my previous golf, have got a new MK5 and im sure this multifunction steering wheel is supposed to be able to do it, wanted to see if anyone can help before i look stupid and ask the guys at the dealership.
  • lambo28
    lambo28 Posts: 191 Forumite
    Hi antuk,

u got a great car. Back to the question, u press on the button which looks like a list until it says 'Audio' at the top of the multi function display. Afterwards, u use the up and down button to change the station or track. oh yes, the ignition must be on.

sorry if u don't get it as i'm bad at explaining.
  • antuk
    Thanks! Yep i tried that, the up and down works when its on MFD mode, but on audio nothing works, im beginning to think it must be broken or not wired correctly :(
  • lambo28
    lambo28 Posts: 191 Forumite
    hhhhmmmmm, go to the dealers and get it checked out, if the car still has warranty!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure