We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Trust your instincts (MBNA Cards)

Options
Having reached the end of my 0% period on a Virgin card I have been looking to arrange a replacement. (should have set up a tart alert - next job today!) However, routing around this site I picked up that the Alliance and Leicester card was a good deal. I applied over the internet and was accepted including my BT from the Virgin card. So far so good.

I have then had a whole host of text's and letters congratulating me on my new card. The legal letter came a week ago and I noticed that the envelope came from Chester and immediately thought of MBNA. Low and behold it's an MBNA card and my instinct said to me "This is not going to happen. MBNA to MBNA won't work". So I ring MBNA... "No sir. Not a problem. We manage it for Virgin and we manage it for A & L but you will be fine. No problem at all". So I let it be and wait for my card to arrive... though still a little puzzled :confused:

A&L have now written to me and told me the BT can't happen. Exactly what I expected much earlier on but MBNA assured me was ok. Don't they know the cards they hold or something?? Surely the A&L site should automatically flag up a concern when you apply online if you enter a card that is managed by MBNA?? "You have entered a card that is managed by MBNA who also manage our card. It may not be possible to process your balance transfer". Oh no.. that would make too much sense.

My card switch was overdue as it is... and is now even further off schedule because A&L and MBNA can't get their act together and talk to one another and then tell you lies on the phone when your instinct tells you something is wrong.

Grrrr!!! :mad: Needed to get that off my chest.. thank you for listening ;)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport