Combi-condenser boiler..water temperature?

Options
kippers
kippers Posts: 2,057 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
We have a combi-condenser boiler that we had new approx 1 year ago.

My question is: can we turn the water temperature down..it says in the manual we can't and the temperarture will be a constant 55 degrees, but this seems so hot?

Can anyone help?

(it's a Worcester Bosch)

Comments

• redstellabella
    Options
    Hi,

Do you mean the temperature of the water from your system is too hot or that 55 degrees sounds hot.

Stella
  • Sol00
    Sol00 Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you not have a thermostat on the boiler? We have a combi condensed boiler and there is a control on the front to alter the temp.
  • kippers
    Options
    The actual temperature of the water that comes out of the tap is really hot.

There is a dial with numbers on the boiler (numbers 1 to 5) but i understand this is to do with room temperature and not water temperature? However i did turn it down a few days ago from 4 to 3 but it hasn't made any difference to the water temp.
  • tobykim
    tobykim Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have a worcester and can't adjust the water temperature (we can adjust the heating temp) some of the larger Worcester's have the facility to adjust the water temp but the one we have is the smaller one with a timer on the front that looks a bit like plug in timers (with teeth that you click in and out)sounds viscious doesn't it
  • Sol00
    Sol00 Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Goodness, I don't like the sound of a boiler that doesn't let you adjust the water temp, I'd never be happy with the temperature lol
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Some older Worcester combi boilers have a summer/winter switch under the cover which regulates the flow. Switched to 'summer' you get a faster flow and this will produce cooler water - particularly in winter.

Not sure if this facility is on modern boilers.
  • tobykim
    tobykim Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ours is a 24i I got this from their website

The hot water temperature is fixed at 55°C and can not be adjusted.
  • kippers
    Options
    If we switched the boiler off in the summer (and boiled a kettle for washing up..we have a dishwasher and electric shower) then we would use no gas. But how would this affect the boiler? If you switch it off for 2-3 months would it need draining down?..and is it easy to re-light the pilot light...or is this a silly idea?

By the way we have used 3 units over the last 9 days-that is hot water (we don't have baths only electric shower only) and gas cooker only.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    kippers wrote: »

By the way we have used 3 units over the last 9 days-that is hot water (we don't have baths only electric shower only) and gas cooker only.

If you have a metric meter(most are) 3 units are approx 33 kWh which will cost less than £1 for 9 days - and you cook with gas.

If it is an Imperial(cubic feet) meter it is less than £3

So you need to get potential savings into perspective.

Incidentally having the ability to turn down the temperature of Hot water doesn't make it any cheaper to run; in fact probably the opposite as most boilers are more efficient producing water at higher temperatures.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure