Home insurance (building/contents) - Credit argeement

Options
Hi All

I got a query. I got my house insurance (Building & contents) with same insurance company. In Feb 2007, I took the quote and paid monthly on a credit agreement.

In Feb 2008 they wrote to me and re-quoted the same, so didn't contact them and just kept it going.

However now after searching a few days ago, I obtained a quote from someone else for the same 100% cheaper!

I looked at my credit agreement sent in Feb 2008 and I haven't signed it! I only signed for first year.

My question is, as it's in a 2nd year, can I cancel my policy? Can they hold me to it?
At bottom of the credit form it says redemption terms, but unlike last year the credit statement unsigned?

Anyone know the rules for this? I know my fault should of acted earlier, but it was a busy time in Feb for me.

Regards

Nesty

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Even though you didn't sign it, you paid the premiums, thereby accepting the contract.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can cancel but the insurance company reserve the right to the whole year's premium if they want to.
    In practise most will allow you to cancel but will charge a cancellation or administration charge.
  • Nesty
    Nesty Posts: 492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

ok many thanks. I'l write to them.

I remember now, in Feb I was struck down with Appentitis. Why I forgot to cancel. I intially thought it was a good quote.

Nesty
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You can sometimes better this.

Look out for massive cashback on quidco on contents and buildings (has been £120 for each)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure