July 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.1K replies 305.6K views

Replies

• jackiegibbojackiegibbo Forumite
    603 Posts
    popped to asdas and spent £11.78 a quick trip to lidls tomorrow and thats me for another week

good luck everyone:T :T
  • jediteacherjediteacher Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Well, I've had two no spend days in a tow. :j

However, I can no longer put off fixing the break discs on my car - it's going to cost £188. Will have to put it on the credit card as we've no money what-so-ever and we need to pay the childminder an extra £230 as a retainer for the summer holidays. Have no idea where we're going to get this money from. :confused: At least we'll get a few weeks break not paying the childminder as being a part time teacher I also get the 'so called long holidays'. :rolleyes:

Some good news - the in laws are taking us away for 7 days in the summer holidays to a nice cottage and they're paying for it. I get on really well with my in-laws (a lot better than I get on with my own mother) and they've also said they'll give us some time off with looking after our little one. So, that'll be good to spend some time with DH as we've not had time alone since she was born 18 months ago (not that I'm complaining).

Anyway, enough rambling. :o
    'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.' :cool:
    Proud Mummy to two gorgeous miracles.:j
  • Sunny_DonnySunny_Donny Forumite
    300 Posts
    ✭✭
    KAAT_LADY wrote: »
    good afternoon all
    :j :j

just back from Meadowhall where I spent a fortune on myself

AND HAVE NOW FOUND OUT I have lost my credit card phoned up lost cards and was told to phone back between 9-5 mon-fri now thats the limit

Hi Kaat Lady - didn't you know it isn't Meadowhall - it's MEADOWHELL!!!!

I went in on the bus once, went into two shops and caught the return bus back to Doncaster. Bus driver thought I would have been there for the day - hate shopping there....

Been to Lidl and spent 2.30 on fruit to take us through to the weekend when I can get to market, Mr T and Mr S. Will be looking for bargains as need to save to reduce CC/loan payment at end of month
    Mortgage free as at 1/9/13 :j
    To start work on the credit cards now!!
  • KAAT_LADYKAAT_LADY Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!
    NSD for us today.
    Hope you're all well....... wish I'd been in the dream....what would I have been??
    SFT

Dink 1... you've gone GC crazy my dear.

SAVINGFORTRAVEL in the dream do you think you might have been a money bank
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• KAAT_LADY-sorry for being dim..why a money bank?
    SFT
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
    Stockpile Savings: £89.72 Voucher savings £8
  • KAAT_LADYKAAT_LADY Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    KAAT_LADY-sorry for being dim..why a money bank?
    SFT

A piggy bank for saving for holidays ( travel)

Like perriwinkle would be one of those curly shells

I dont mean to offend anyone
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• KAAT_LADY
    Of course and you'd be a little kitten.. brain's warming up now...
    SFT
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
    Stockpile Savings: £89.72 Voucher savings £8
  • MonikerMoniker Forumite
    626 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    KAAT_LADY-sorry for being dim..why a money bank?
    SFT

Perhaps she means like a 'savings bank' - you know something you put your savings in ? Because you are 'saving for travel' ?

M
  • zoe260373zoe260373 Forumite
    868 Posts
    evening all,hope your all well:) had a mr t delivery today,will update in a bit,still trying to get lo down for the night:( will pop back when hes settled,x
    family is me,oh,16yDS,10DD,9DS&17month old DS,2dogs,3cats,4bunnies,5 ex battery hens&5fish.GC challenge-/£300:pspends already this month-animal food-£28,mr T shop-£119.plus local shop spends total spent £257,:j
  • dink1dink1 Forumite
    197 Posts
    MONIKER - hmmm in that case would I be an accident? as in Dink? LOLLOL
    JanGC £250/£82 far:weight loss 1lb cc250/£86/cm40/£9.50 :A
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides