We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

credit cards with cheque books

Options
i am looking for credit cards that come with cheque books. it is mainly intended for deposits on property. i will then balance transfer to 0% deal until i have sold the property.

thanks for any help.

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Almost all credit card providers can/do supply credit card cheques - although with some providers you may have to request them. The trick is to read the T&C's to see how the providers "treat" their use.

Many providers treat them as a cash advance, and charge around 20% APR, although some providers, eg MBNA (& MBNA sub-brands such as Abbey, Virgin etc) and Mint allow you to use them at 0% but with a fee of around 2% (max £50).

You can then gain 0% initially and don't have to BT the debt to another 0% card for around 9 months.

Check out some lists of 0% providers here...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1122985312,39518,

and here...

https://www.stoozing.com

...and then visit the providers websites to check out the summary boxes and T&C's to see how each provider treats their cheque use.
  • TonyB
    TonyB Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Try capital1.
    firstly they are offering a very long 0% on new cards PLUS they issue 3 different types of cheque book each with different charge structures. The one I use is recognised by the letter 'P' & there are no charges if settled infull by statement date. You may have to ask for these as they may try to offer the higher charge ones first.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure