Honeymoon Help for next July!!!

Options
Hiya

Me and my boyfriend are getting hitched on 22nd July next year and have started looking on the net for ideas for our Honeymoon. And we have no idea of where to go!
We are looking to spend £1000-£1500 max per person, would like to go for at least 2 weeks, but most of all we would like to do something 'special'. (Don't fancy Spain/Canaries etc for our honeymoon-our personal preference!)

Can anyone give us any ideas?? Anything welcome!

Thanks
Lea
xxx
I say what I like, I like what I say!

Comments

• BERTIEclaire
    Options
    Have you thought about going to las vegas and hawaii and then maybe new york on your way home? that should be well within your budget? we got married in las vegas and honeymooned in hawaii (oahu) for 10 days then went to new york for 4 days on the way home.
    alternatively, mexico is really nice. we stayed in puerto vallarta which was very nice and not too commercialsed like cancun.
    Further affield, have you though about touring around the rocky mountians in canada? they are really spectacular and well worth a visit.
  • Counting_Pennies_2
    Options
    We went to Italy for our honeymoon, (in May a few years ago we had a struggle to find a place we wanted to go to that wouldn't be a difficult time of year to go for weather, and it was at the start of all the Iraq problems so didn't want to go too far away in case World War 3 erupted!)

We had an unbelieveable time. We stayed in the Italian Lakes, Lake Garda (Salo) and had a wonderful week lazing about and going on the boat for a trip or two. Then went to Rome, which was amazing. Then on to Sardinia which was a complete let down and wouldn't recommend it.

Don't automatically discount the whole of Europe. I wanted a memorable honeymoon and the locations we chose helped make it so.
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We went to Cancun over 6 years ago now for our honeymoon. Was fab. Don't know what it's like now, but guess you could get there for your budget.

We didn't stay in the centre so had life on our doorstep if we wanted it, but peace and quiet too. We're very sociable people, so that suited us brilliantly.

What sort of honeymoon are you looking for? beach? Rest? Adventure? Good nightlife? The reason I ask is because we're all different. Florence was the perfect honeymoon for my friend, but having been there myself would have hated it as my honeymoon.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • Joannekerry
    Options
    How about Kenya? I love the place, although it is the classed as the rainy season you normally find it is like the Caribbean where you have 30 minutes of absolutely chucking it down but then it's lovely and you cant beat waking up in the morning and going out on a game drive (assuming that you will be doing a safari as well).

Try https://www.somak.co.uk or https://www.africansafariclub.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport