Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    JTP
    EBay and PayPal rip-off charges
    • 16th Apr 08, 9:54 AM
    EBay and PayPal rip-off charges 16th Apr 08 at 9:54 AM
    I've long suspected that eBay's listing fees, final value fees and PayPal charges add up to a sizeable chunk of your takings on low value sales. After doing some analysis I discover that on sales worth less than 5 (and lets face it, there are a LOT of those on eBay) the amount you pay in charges can add up to more than 60 per cent of your takings.
    It has taken me months to reach this conclusion as eBay does not make it easy for you to view an itemised list of the charges you've incurred each month.
    It is possible, however, if you go into My Account, and fiddle with the settings on Account Activity. Then add the PayPal charges, and see for yourself how much - or little - you are really earning from eBay sales.
    To those, like me, who are flogging off small items like outgrown baby kit, my advice is simple - if it's not going to fetch a fiver, you might be better off saving yourself the time and trouble and taking it down the charity shop.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

496Posts Today

4,853Users online

Martin's Twitter