Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > reprogramming ford focus remote key fob (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
reprogramming ford focus remote key fob
Closed Thread
Views: 66,280
# 1
youwot
Old 21-08-2005, 6:56 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default reprogramming ford focus remote key fob

Hi my battery on my key fob for the ford focus had run out so it had to be Reprogrammed ford told me 40 I said no and did a bit of looking on the net and found out how to do it yourself. IT WORKED FOR ME and im over the moon hope it can help some one else.

With the key in the ignition, turn the ignition on to the I position, then off and then again three times, then once more and leave it at I. A beep will sound showing that the system is set to program.

Now press the unlock button on the remote. Press the unlock button on any other remotes that you have to program at the same time.

Now turn the ignition off. A beep will sound indicating that program mode is finished.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to youwot For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
youwot
Old 21-08-2005, 7:03 PM
MoneySaving Convert

if the first method does not work try this method

Insert the ignition key and turn from position II (Ignition) to position 0 (All off) and back four times within three seconds.
Remove the ignition key. The locking control system is now in "learn mode" for the next 20 seconds and the red warning system LED (By the clock) stays on continuously to indicate this.
During the 20 seconds press one of the transmitter buttons. The remotes signal and code number is learned by the locking module and is indicated by flashing the warning system LED.
Wait until learn mode times out (20 seconds) or switch the ignition back to ON.
The Following User Says Thank You to youwot For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
Woby_Tide
Old 21-08-2005, 9:36 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

(the info is in the Owners manual you get with the car) If you buy a brand new keyfob you also have an extra step where you have to assign the new fob to work with the cars frequency, then you have to do the second stage as above which is programming it to the immobiliser
The Following User Says Thank You to Woby_Tide For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
insainebiker
Old 01-02-2009, 6:26 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile ford key reprogramming

hi folks
I had a mk 2 mondeo where as usual the battery went flat.. i spent hours looking for answers tried a multitude of turn key this way wait till red led flashed the whole nine yards to no avail bummer huh..

no more.

under the passenger side glove box feel (carefully mind) a small group of wires going to a plug. Once unplugged have interior light on (whilst doing so) should go out.
wait 5 seconds and reconect.
BINGO try yr key

I hope this helps some poor !!!!!! who found them self in my shoes...
The Following User Says Thank You to insainebiker For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread