Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

SIM Card Registration Failed?
    • 2nd Apr 08, 1:39 PM
    SIM Card Registration Failed? 2nd Apr 08 at 1:39 PM
    Hi there.

My partner recently got a phone from a friend, as a "spare" for when he is working in a place where he doesnt want to damage his mobile. It is a Nokia 3310, formerly on Vodafone.

I just went through the process of unlocking it and got the message required.

I had a spare O2 SIM Card from when I bought my last phone (Ive kept the same SIM for years!) and put it in. It was brand new and had never been used. Now it gives the message, "SIM Card Registration Failed".

My question is, is it because it was meant to go into another phone and is locked to that in some way? Or is there something else I need to do for it to be registered? Or do I just need to get another SIM Card altogether?

OK, I suppose that is three questions. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance

EDIT: The phone the SIM came with was a Samsung E330, bought in October 2005.
    Last edited by Morporkian; 02-04-2008 at 1:41 PM. Reason: Missed something off.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

226Posts Today

1,479Users online

Martin's Twitter