Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    sarah_elton
    Wind noise with uPVC double glazing
    • 26th Mar 08, 12:35 PM
    Wind noise with uPVC double glazing 26th Mar 08 at 12:35 PM
    I had my windows replaced with uPVC double glazing last spring. Most of them are fine, but the one in my bedroom has a problem. It's a square bay, and in high winds there's a noise in the room like a kazoo, or like when you blow through a piece of grass at school and make that sort of buzzy squeaking sound (don't know how else to describe it).

There's obviously a tiny hole somewhere, but I can't find it. I had an engineer from the window company round, and he couldn't see anything wrong. He put some sealant where I thought there might be a hole but it hasn't made a blind bit of difference. Trouble is, it wasn't windy when he was round, and since they book their engineers a week or so ahead, I can't get someone round on a windy day (I have to take time off work to have someone out).

What can I do? Short of stropping about it till they replace the whole window?

The noise is really irritating, it's very audible (though not loud) and especially annoying overnight.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

395Posts Today

1,367Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Apologies for the vulgarity but did the #Wimbledon bbc2 commentator just say "he doesn't beat himself off?"

• Eeek did we forget to pay the meter? No power in MSE Towers - no phones - (appartently power down in whole central london)

• Warning! Did you start Uni in or after 2012? If so govt mooting making your loans more costly. See http://t.co/oF99EWBpIZ RT to spread word

• Follow Martin