Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    windswept
    When exactly does child benefit/child tax credit end?
    • 25th Feb 08, 7:10 PM
    When exactly does child benefit/child tax credit end? 25th Feb 08 at 7:10 PM
    My daughter will be 18 in May and will be going to Uni in September - I was (mistakenly ) under the impression that we would continue to get CB/CTC until she was 19 but on checking the direct.gov site, it states that we are only eligible whilst she is doing her A levels and not when she starts her degree - talk about a kick in the teeth! So not only does she (and we) have all the expense of starting University , but the 100 or so per month which would have gone a little way towards this for the first few months will not be there .
    So will the money stop the minute she leaves college, or does it run till the end of August? The website is about as clear as mud.:rolleyes: To say I am unimpressed is an understatement.
    "There is a light that never goes out"
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

582Posts Today

4,533Users online

Martin's Twitter