Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Tombo
    0 WOW
    Toluna Discussion (merged)
    • 14th Jan 08, 6:35 PM
    0 WOW
    Toluna Discussion (merged) 14th Jan 08 at 6:35 PM
    MoneySavingExpert.com Insert

Toluna is discussed in our Product testing panels guide. Read about others in there too.

Back to the original post..

---------

Toluna is now back up from maintenance so we can start earning points again now.

There are a few differences to the site.
    First, the layout of some of the pages has changed slightly. There is a new homepage and dashboard
    Secondly, when you enter your "hot opinions", they msut now be 10 words or more long.
    Thirdly, the "personal interest" surveys have been updated.
    There are probably some other updates to that I haven't found yet
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 14-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    2008 Wins: The Shapes - Get Your Learn On (CD), Free transport to and from a Christmas Party
    2009 Wins: Years Supply of Orbit Complete (144 packets), £50 of Odeon vouchers
    Debt-Free Wannabe!!
Page 1
    • piglet29
    • By piglet29 14th Jan 08, 11:08 PM
    • 6,180 Posts
    • 5,957 Thanks
    piglet29
    • 14th Jan 08, 11:08 PM
    Toluna
    • 14th Jan 08, 11:08 PM
    how weird, i have only just come off their site, just before i logged on here, and then i saw your post! it is good the site is back up and running i just sat for half an hour and earned quite a few points answering the sponsered (sp!) polls, thanks very much op nice to be able to earn points again
    A freebie a day sends a smile my way!
    Night Owl member No 9
    I Started out with nothing.....still have most of it left
  • p_larkin99
    • 15th Jan 08, 12:28 AM
    • 15th Jan 08, 12:28 AM
    I just updated my personal interests and despite it saying you get 500 pts for each one i got 2000 for each, now just 4000 off another voucher.
  • hazeysky
    • 15th Jan 08, 8:39 AM
    • 15th Jan 08, 8:39 AM
    I just updated my personal interests and despite it saying you get 500 pts for each one i got 2000 for each, now just 4000 off another voucher
    Thank you I wouldn't have bothered to update yet. But i'm glad I did I just earned an extra 14000 points.
  • MinniMe
    • 15th Jan 08, 8:59 AM
    • 15th Jan 08, 8:59 AM
    I looked at this site the other day but couldn't find out much information on it, Is it worth joining? how much effort for how much free?

Many thanks
    New surname New start!
    Total Debt - £9999.09 now 7633.16 23.66% paid off
  • victoriajayne1987
    • 15th Jan 08, 9:08 AM
    • 15th Jan 08, 9:08 AM
    its well worth joining! i love it easy to do the surveys too
    A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute ...
    • lindauk
    • By lindauk 15th Jan 08, 9:56 AM
    • 137 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    lindauk
    • 15th Jan 08, 9:56 AM
    • 15th Jan 08, 9:56 AM
    hmmm, I did all the interest surveys again but I only got credited 2000 points for all of them, am just going to go check now.....

ok just been on and it was saying on my dashboard that I had interest surveys to complete so i did them (again!!) and got 2000 bonus for each one! and the 500 points its says you should get! yay!! so in total that makes.... a lot!
    Last edited by lindauk; 15-01-2008 at 10:25 AM. Reason: adding info
    [Survey site stuff goes here]

• yd0
    • 15th Jan 08, 12:03 PM
    • 15th Jan 08, 12:03 PM
    Very, very strange. It says 500 points for each of them, but I got 2000 points for most of them yesterday. And then today, I got 2000 points for every single one. Including the ones I'd done yesterday. I'd try it again, but they'd be bound to notice, surely? Unless they're complete idiots.

Still, 100000 points shuffled off to ipoints pretty bloody quickly and those were then quickly turned into DVDs. Which hopefully arrive before anyone notices what's going on. Given the time it seems to take them to give you points for surveys anyway, I doubt there'll be a problem there. Better not be, because I wanted to complete my collection of Family Guy DVDs in less than a year, for free. Which I just did. Hopefully.
  • jaygrunt
    • 15th Jan 08, 12:34 PM
    • 15th Jan 08, 12:34 PM
    Very, very strange. It says 500 points for each of them, but I got 2000 points for most of them yesterday. And then today, I got 2000 points for every single one. Including the ones I'd done yesterday. I'd try it again, but they'd be bound to notice, surely? Unless they're complete idiots.

Still, 100000 points shuffled off to ipoints pretty bloody quickly and those were then quickly turned into DVDs. Which hopefully arrive before anyone notices what's going on. Given the time it seems to take them to give you points for surveys anyway, I doubt there'll be a problem there. Better not be, because I wanted to complete my collection of Family Guy DVDs in less than a year, for free. Which I just did. Hopefully.
    Originally posted by yd0
    How long did it take for you to get the points.I just went on and updated a few and nothing has happened yet
    Also could you tell me how you converted the points to able you to get DVDs please
    If you dont ask you dont get!!
  • skintas
    im gonna check it out.......
    i will be debt free, i will
  • jaygrunt
    The site wont let me log on at the minute :-(
    If you dont ask you dont get!!
  • TraceyB
    I'm having trouble logging in - is anyone else?

Seems to be very slow - probaly loads of MSErs updating their details!
    • dotchas
    • By dotchas 15th Jan 08, 12:56 PM
    • 2,377 Posts
    • 3,403 Thanks
    dotchas
    Only got 500 for some and NONE for others even though it asks me to update them:confused:
    I love bargains
    I love MSE
    • welshdeedee
    • By welshdeedee 15th Jan 08, 1:10 PM
    • 27,163 Posts
    • 120,009 Thanks
    welshdeedee
    I only got 500 each too!!!!
    30:22
    30:07
    29:07
    • carriew
    • By carriew 15th Jan 08, 1:22 PM
    • 956 Posts
    • 1,317 Thanks
    carriew
    Only got 500 for some and NONE for others even though it asks me to update them:confused:
    Originally posted by dotchas

me too:confused:

can someone please tell me how else to get points?
    i know you get points for the sponsered polls and invited surveys but is there any others?
    <<<< MY HERO!
    • vixarooni
    • By vixarooni 15th Jan 08, 1:56 PM
    • 4,314 Posts
    • 6,830 Thanks
    vixarooni
    Its taken me ages to rack up points! I guess i dont use it as often as i should, and sometimes i ignore the surveys cos im never normally wanted, or they take forever!
    • lindauk
    • By lindauk 15th Jan 08, 2:00 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    lindauk
    site is being very slow, perhaps they noticed!!

Better not be, because I wanted to complete my collection of Family Guy DVDs in less than a year, for free. Which I just did. Hopefully.
    Originally posted by yd0
    I do that too. i use all my survey and sites like ipoints to buy dvd's and box sets. Its really nice getting something for nothing!! I've got loads free so far!! Am waiting for some CD Wow vouchers from Toluna and that's another 2 boxsets!

Finally it let me log on and it still says my profile needs updating even after i updated EVERYTHING this morning and got a ton of points for doing it!!
    [Survey site stuff goes here]

• grotbags19
    • By grotbags19 15th Jan 08, 2:44 PM
    • 503 Posts
    • 18,852 Thanks
    grotbags19
    I updated my profile, earned 10000 points and immediately got an invite to a new survey for 5,200 points. I'm a really happy bunny today!
    If you’re British in the living room, what are you in the bathroom? European!
  • Tombo
    On my dashboard it says that all of the surveys have changed sicne I last answered so I will just do them again and hope I get more points (even though they are all completed already)

EDIT: There is now a new product to test which is Golden Compass stickers.
    2008 Wins: The Shapes - Get Your Learn On (CD), Free transport to and from a Christmas Party
    2009 Wins: Years Supply of Orbit Complete (144 packets), £50 of Odeon vouchers
    Debt-Free Wannabe!!
  • nicci985
    what do people use their Toluna points for?

Alot of people seem to be changing them into Ipoints, why is this?

Nicci
    Member #192 1% at a time club: 1% = £20 so far: 21%
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

327Posts Today

2,301Users online

Martin's Twitter