Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    mat01
    Ford Focus Engine Light
    • 19th Jun 05, 2:46 PM
    Ford Focus Engine Light 19th Jun 05 at 2:46 PM
    When something goes wrong on a Ford Focus, and many other types of car, a light goes on on the dashboard. It stays on until your car is fixed.

Problem is : The light could mean any one of about a hundred problems, some very serious, and some pretty piffling.

Yesterday my light went on. My garage told me that to tell me what was wrong they'd charge me one hour of labour - 60. Add to that the expense of getting back from my garage without the car, the time involved, public transport whilst is was being looked at, and we're looking at close to 70.

However - Ford Focuses can very easily tell you what is wrong with them, so you don't have to take them into the garage. You need a small device which plugs into a laptop and to a little plug under your steering wheel - you can get them from e-ebay. The device will also reset the engine light to off, so that you can see if the problem happens again. You can also get stand-alone versions that don't need a laptop.

Mine cost 65, and told me that my car's oxygen sensor had failed. It cost just over 10 to replace and I did it myself.

Total saving this time round = break even. Next time however, I'll know what is wrong with my car before I take it to the garage, possibly saving me wads of money and time.
    Waddle you do eh?
Page 2
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

157Posts Today

1,379Users online

Martin's Twitter