Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    gmc
    Whiplash compensation - Fair Amount?
    • 17th Dec 07, 5:27 PM
    Whiplash compensation - Fair Amount? 17th Dec 07 at 5:27 PM
    My girlfriend was invlolved in an accident recently. A small van hit her from behind as she was waiting to pull out at a roundabout. She wasn't hit at high speed, but did suffer whiplash which was confirmed by her GP. She had a couple of days off work (should have been more but she was in the middle of a two week handover on a new job) and had discomfort when sitting and trying to sleep for about a fortnight.

She recived a call from the insurer offerring her 500 compensation for the whiplash (they haven't seen any medical notes etc as she didn't go to their GP) She told them she'd get back to them and this is why i'm posting here. Neither her nor I know anyone who has had compensation for this before so was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

I think it might be worth a bit more just on the basis that this is their 1st offer and she hasn't threatened any legal action.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

28Posts Today

3,978Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @AndyM_2101: @MartinSLewis -tourists taking large amounts of cash to Greece - perhaps a reminder on Travel Insurance limits for money th?

• RT @GothboyUK: @MartinSLewis Exactly the same amount I'm due! How strange. ????

• Beware! Just got this text from CONMEN eazyclaims "£3856 IS STILL waiting in your name, for the accident you had! To get money" etc

• Follow Martin