Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Shop but don't drop > Ear thermometer 9.99 (merged) (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Ear thermometer 9.99 (merged)
Closed Thread
Views: 9,866
# 1
WOW Factor 0
Trix
Old 11-06-2005, 12:17 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Default Ear thermometer 9.99

Did a search but couldn't see this anywhere else. Llloyds pharmacy are doing an ear thermometer that was apparantly 39.99 for 9.99. See HERE.

The one on the site says it is by Calpol but the one I bought from my local branch was by Nurofen so is orange instead of purple but is the same apart from that.

It takes a temperature after being in the ear for only 2 SECONDS, can store up to 30 readings and has a clock with date on it, comes with a holder, carry pouch, 10 probe covers and a 50% off voucher for packs of 40 probe covers. The reading appears on the screen and it also 'speaks' the reading.

Fantastic piece of kit especially for people with young kids who don't want to or can't keep thermometer in their mouth for whatever length of time.

Not sure on closing date for this but assume it is 'while stocks last'.
I'm a little angel BUT A WHOLE LOTTA DEVIL
'Spend your life with eyes open, sleep only to dream of what to do next'
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Trix For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
Burtie
Old 11-06-2005, 10:48 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Try also reading http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...ad.html?t=9215
# 3
Trix
Old 11-06-2005, 12:06 PM

I tried 'ear thermometer' in the advanced search for any date but nothing showed up. Strange. Anyway the last post was January and it's a good enough bargain to say they're still doing them I reckon.
# 4
redfox
Old 11-06-2005, 2:49 PM

as this offer seems to be an ongoing thing (as it was available as far back as January) I think it is more suited to Shop but don't drop rather than a Quick! Grabbit. Will move the post over there.
I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Loansand Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

# 5
jockettuk
Old 11-06-2005, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox
as this offer seems to be an ongoing thing (as it was available as far back as January) I think it is more suited to Shop but don't drop rather than a Quick! Grabbit. Will move the post over there.
the offer stopped in feb and looks like it been started again and loads of people had probs getting them last time so it might be better of back in grabit
Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
Still loved, still missed and very dear
Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
Are thinking of you today.
# 6
cmorgan
Old 11-06-2005, 6:58 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Managed to get one at 9.99 and half price on the refills original price 3.99. Cut out voucher on box at the till for the half price voucher which caused a bit of a stir. The refills are a good price as I know the ones for the braun thermometer are 6.99 for 40! However don't know where else you get them from other than Lloyds?
# 7
Sarahsaver
Old 11-06-2005, 8:16 PM

I got a digital thermometer from poundland. And it works very accurately.
Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group
I have done reading too!
To avoid all evil, to do good,
to purify the mind- that is the
teaching of the Buddhas.
# 8
Trix
Old 11-06-2005, 9:40 PM

The digital thermometers from poundland are not the ones you use in the ear for a reading in 2 seconds so aren't as good for small children who won't tolerate a thermometer in their mouth / arm / rectum for the length of time it needs to be there. Good enough to use for older kids or adults though.

I'm not bothered where this goes, all that matters is people who find it useful being able to see it.
# 9
max2002ad
Old 12-06-2005, 8:15 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Smile Clarification

This offer is part of Lloyds Pharmacys "Every Home Should have one" offer
They did have a similar offer at the begining of the year with Calpol.
This is likely to be the last time this is offered as there are no other suitable companys available to co brand the thermometer.
The offer will continue at this price until all stock has been cleared.
If it's the same as last time it will be a matter of a month or two as we were selling them faster than we could get them in.

The protective covers that go on to the machine are only available at Lloyds Pharmacy as every manufactuer designs there machines to be slightly different so no other brand will fit.

Hope this clarifys the promotion.

Btw Look out for digital cameras for 9.99 coming soon!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to max2002ad For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
tightwadcross
Old 15-06-2005, 8:46 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Checkout '1 second Ear Thermometer with flexi-tip + 20 proble covers' with 1 year warranty at proactmedical.co.uk - List was 12.95 + VAT
# 11
paddykop
Old 15-06-2005, 9:40 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

As a Registered Nurse, I would like to congratulate your readers on their willingness to take some responsibility for the health and wellness of themselves and their children.
Checking a temperature is a very important skill which tells so much. However the method of taking the temperature is also important.

For all practical purposes, a regular medical thermometer, used under the arm, is all that is needed for anyone under the age of 4 years. Older than that, the same thermometer can be used under the tongue for most people. They cost about 3.00 Follow the instructions on the package.

Don't bother adding any numbers or trying to convert it, just tell the nurse or Dr that you took the temperature under the arm (or in the mouth) and this is the number.

Most hospitals bought high quality ear (tympanic) thermoeters. and now have gone back to the oral (mouth) and Axilla (armpit) route as the others were prone to operator error and inaccuracy.

More info can be found on the NHS direct website or from http://www.bchealthguide.org
Paddy
For reseach based medical info trywww.bchealthguide.org (remember it is Canada and British Columbia specifuic though)

Last edited by paddykop; 31-05-2006 at 10:06 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to paddykop For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
Kiddy Kit
Old 16-06-2005, 10:53 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile Ear Thermonitor

Purchased one yesterday fo 9.99. The daughter loves it. When you take a temperature it speaks the reading to you.

Looks like it's subsidised by a brand of childrens pain releif. But works a treat. Don't know how much the disposable ear covers are but it came with a money of voucher (50%) for the next purchase. Only valid to 30th June though.

Lloyds have some very good offers like this every month opr so.
# 13
Iona_Penny
Old 27-06-2005, 11:15 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Baby Ear Thermometers

Dropped my prescription off at my local v. small LLoyds chemist and they had a number (20-25) of baby ear thermometers in boxed sets for 9.99 which they claimed were reduced from 49.99.

It's a while since I had young kids but they were orange in colour and may have been 'Calpol' make but can't remember. There appeared to be the oval thermoeter, a case, and repacement somethings. Some of you may recognise what I'm talking about. Don't know if it would be all LLoyds but we have a larger branch locally too and I can investigate if there is any interest.
# 14
briank5400
Old 28-06-2005, 11:47 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Calpol thermometer 9.99

I can confirm that... I sent an email to Lloyds a few months back and was told that they would be back in stock in June - unfortunately I couldn't wait!

(see snippet below).
Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding purchasing a Calpol Digital Ear Thermometer this product was a success for our business which means there would be limited amount of stock in the business now. I can let you know that we will be running a similar offer during June at the same fantastic promotional price of Only 9.99. All stores will receive stock of this line up to and during the month of June so you should have no problems purchasing this line.
Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
# 15
callansdad
Old 28-06-2005, 11:49 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Thumbs up

These are Nurofen Digital Ear thermometers. They should be available at most lloyd pharmacys. I bought mine from Elgin, they weren't advertised and they were hidden in tiny displays at the counter, very discreet. These are a mammoth buy at 9.99, well worth it, this even talks to you and tells you the temperature when you use it!! I think there is another thread for this somewhere, this is how I bought one
# 16
divadee
Old 28-06-2005, 4:17 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

This has been posted before here so i will merge them in to that thread.
# 17
shirlyn
Old 28-06-2005, 10:40 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Send a message via AIM to shirlyn

I tried to click on the link to buy the 9.99 ear thermometer but when I click on the link it doesn't connect can you give me the direct web site address.
# 18
max2002ad
Old 28-06-2005, 10:51 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Website

Lloyds pharmacy does not sell the thermometers on it's website you have to go to any one of the 1300 + branches in the UK.

You can check out their website at:
http://www.lloydspharmacy.co.uk/
# 19
barjam
Old 29-06-2005, 3:02 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

i was after one of these a while back but aint have a lloyds locally ,so a kind money saver bought me one and sent it on to me then i forwarded a cheque to her (cant for the life off me remember her name) the only thing is though i dont know where to get replacement attachments for the ear pieces, does anyone know if other brands fit the purple calpol ones

many thanks
# 20
max2002ad
Old 29-06-2005, 8:14 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Replacement covers

As with all manufacteurs the covers will only fit different models of the same maker and not of their competitors.
Closed Thread