Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Beatle Ray
    • By Beatle Ray 9th Mar 18, 2:46 PM
    • 147Posts
    • 38Thanks
    Beatle Ray
    convince me this isnt a daft idea
    • 9th Mar 18, 2:46 PM
    convince me this isnt a daft idea 9th Mar 18 at 2:46 PM

Background: Married 25 years, me 55, DW 51, all debt cleared, no children but one dog, one parrot and two horses, dog and parrot live with us and horses on rented land at very low cost, house value £400K and owing on mortgage £127K, I'm about to be made redundant at the end of this month and the DW has a small income but not sufficient to cover all our costs so was thinking with no one to leave the house to when we're both gone why are we knackering ourselves to pay the mortgage each month, why not sell the house and live in rented occomdation, if we found somewhere for a max of £1000 the £275K without any interest would last 23 years almost making me 78 and the wife 75 if we make it that far, is that just plain daft, I do have a pension with about £85K in it
Page 3
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 13th Mar 18, 1:46 PM
    • 8,900 Posts
    • 5,293 Thanks
    In Staffordshire, £275000 would buy you a small detached or substantial semi (decent drive and garden if pre 1980 )and there are plenty of horse grazing areas to rent.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

210Posts Today

2,396Users online

Martin's Twitter