PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Selling to investor

Options
Hi
I have a feeling that somebody is going to make an offer on our house and then rent it out.

Are there any risks involved in selling to an 'investor' rather than somebody who is actually going to live in the house?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks xx

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ensure the process keeps moving. Don't lose momentum. Investors are prone to be game players.
  • boring1
    boring1 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I suppose that is what is worrying me - they are 'professionals' doing this all the time - and know how to play the game. I don't want to be hoodwinked!!
  • buggy_boy
    buggy_boy Posts: 657 Forumite
    Options
    As long as they have the money in place an investor can be a good buyer.. No chain and having done it before can make it smoother. How do you think you are going to be hoodwinked? You presumably will have a solicitor and so will the buyer... So its not like buying a car, there are certain processes that need to go through and your solicitor will protect you from anything suspect.
  • agatham
    agatham Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    When you say Investor do you mean "Builder?"
    . Please clarify.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 March 2018 at 1:08PM
    Options
    As long as you get paid, the process isn't delayed then what is there to be concerned about.
  • boring1
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    agatham wrote: »
    When you say Investor do you mean "Builder?"
    . Please clarify.

Well they said they have about 5 properties in the area they rent out - don't really think they are builders per se.
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    None at all.

There money is as good as anybody's
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • Akahotpot
    Akahotpot Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree with with Thrugelmir
    A cash buyer for my house just fell off the radar when it came time to exchange
    I bet he had offered on a few properties and was "playing the game"
    V frustrating
  • boring1
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you - the EA said he has dealt with her before so presumably that went smoothly - but who knows!

Coming back tomorrow for 2nd viewing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport