Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • islandman
    • By islandman 10th Feb 18, 10:12 PM
    • 4,096Posts
    • 1,718Thanks
    islandman
    Freesat out of sync
    • 10th Feb 18, 10:12 PM
    Freesat out of sync 10th Feb 18 at 10:12 PM
    Viewing via freesat today, the programmes in the program guide were all out of sync. About two hrs I think. Consequently programs set to record, failed.

Has anyone else experienced this?, if not, would could be wrong and if it hadn't cleared itself tomorrow, what should I do to rectify it please?.
    Bowel screening saved my life, make sure it saves yours.
Page 1
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 10th Feb 18, 10:45 PM
    • 10,553 Posts
    • 27,458 Thanks
    suki1964
    • 10th Feb 18, 10:45 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 10:45 PM
    Mines the same, but not all channels
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • islandman
    • By islandman 10th Feb 18, 10:47 PM
    • 4,096 Posts
    • 1,718 Thanks
    islandman
    • 10th Feb 18, 10:47 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 10:47 PM
    Mines the same, but not all channels
    Originally posted by suki1964
    Thank you. At least knowing that, I won't do a reset tomorrow as they should have it under control. Keep n touch over this please.
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 10th Feb 18, 11:21 PM
    • 8,397 Posts
    • 6,334 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    • 10th Feb 18, 11:21 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 11:21 PM
    I've missed 4 recordings tonight, two of which were manual and two series link
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 10th Feb 18, 11:27 PM
    • 10,553 Posts
    • 27,458 Thanks
    suki1964
    • 10th Feb 18, 11:27 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 11:27 PM
    It's been playing up for 2/3 weeks. I've been losing one episode a week on a series link and the ones that are recording are starting 2 mins into the programme

I was going to do a reset tonight but I'll hold off myself to see what happens
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • islandman
    • By islandman 11th Feb 18, 6:24 AM
    • 4,096 Posts
    • 1,718 Thanks
    islandman
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:24 AM
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:24 AM
    I hadn't realised that the start, two mins into program was connected, but we've had that problem on some programs. On another form, digital spy, someone else told me it was back to normal last night about 22.50, then slipped back again. Clearly this is not isolated, so it may gut be worth holding back on resetting.

PS, TV on.

The Voice which we had set to record and it didn't, now shows up in listings of recorded programs, but when activated, shows "recording failed".

Looked at BBC1, BBC2,ITV and then pressed to "i" button, and they are wrong again today. Turned TV off. There is another thread on Digital Spy Forum so will see what they are reporting. Reluctant to rescan.
    Last edited by islandman; 11-02-2018 at 7:34 AM.
    • islandman
    • By islandman 11th Feb 18, 7:50 AM
    • 4,096 Posts
    • 1,718 Thanks
    islandman
    • 11th Feb 18, 7:50 AM
    • 11th Feb 18, 7:50 AM
    Joined the Freesat FB page and sent them this:-

On 10th Feb, the information guide did not correspond with programmes being shown. Programs set to record, consequently failed. Thread started on Digital Spy forums and Martin Lewis Forum, identified other people were experiencing this problem.

It was also stated that recently, some programs set to record, up to TWO minutes late in recording, so the first part of program was missed.

Another person has said that individual series programs have not recorded.

Would FREESAT please identify this problem and rectify and give an explanation. It cannot be an individual persons tv set-up, otherwise reports would not be coming in from different area's of the UK. Thanks in anticipation.

PPS, found another person with issues.
    https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2269270/problem-with-time-on-humax-when-info-button-pressed#latest
    Last edited by islandman; 11-02-2018 at 8:26 AM.
    • islandman
    • By islandman 11th Feb 18, 9:15 AM
    • 4,096 Posts
    • 1,718 Thanks
    islandman
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:15 AM
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:15 AM
    This thread has many comments.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2269261/now-and-next-data-not-working-on-first-generation-hummax-hdr-box#latest
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 11th Feb 18, 9:53 AM
    • 8,397 Posts
    • 6,334 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:53 AM
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:53 AM
    Just Checked now 949 , the info bar seems "fixed", I have two boxes one was fine yesterday , but I only use that for overflow recordings/conflicts that was fine it recorded the Voice last night. BUT this am after the 300 am housekeeping both were now wrong , now they appear ok ?? wtf ??
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 11th Feb 18, 9:58 AM
    • 8,397 Posts
    • 6,334 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    Oh and this morning I rescannned and cold rebooted my 2nd box and it was still fu'd , I guess the problem is definitely a Freesat problem will keep an eye on it I want to record something tonight which I can't get on ondemand.
    Annoying
    • islandman
    • By islandman 11th Feb 18, 10:54 AM
    • 4,096 Posts
    • 1,718 Thanks
    islandman
    I programmed to record a half hr thing and it did. From a quick look round, it seems to be correct now. I had been through and written down everything we had set to record just in case we had to re-scan and lost things.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 11th Feb 18, 11:20 AM
    • 10,553 Posts
    • 27,458 Thanks
    suki1964
    I can't check now cos the grandkids are sat watching but I'll have a look ASAP

Read there on the links others are reporting all back to normal
    • islandman
    • By islandman 11th Feb 18, 11:27 AM
    • 4,096 Posts
    • 1,718 Thanks
    islandman
    I have emailed Freesat:-

Hi. Yesterday and today 10th/11th Feb. I like many other users of Freesat, were more than concerned that programs being shown, were totally out of sync with those being advertised. This resulted in many people being able to record the programs they had set their recorder to record, or to record "on impulse".

Last evening, threads started to appear on the Forums of Martin Lewis's Money Saving Expert and Digital Spy. It became apparent that this problem was widespread and therefore nothing to do with an individuals appliances.

Some users highlighted that of late, some series recordings had episodes missing, many have experienced instances where recording commenced several minutes after transmission, leaving them with an incomplete program.

I'm sure you would agree that this is something users of Freesat didn't sign up for. Because Freesat failed to issue a statement on either of it's Facebook page, Twitter or indeed their own website, it lead to severe concern with people unsure if they should re-set their appliances.

Thankfully, as I pen these words, it appears the problem has been rectified.

What I would respectfully suggest is this, should you be aware of an issue within your system that could possibly have an impact on a user of Freesat, that you set up an explanation on your website which might allay fears of an individual thinking their appliance was at fault.

I trust you will receive this email in the context in which it has been sent, as a constructive comment.

I do intend making it available to those forums that have relevant concerns.
    • tronator
    • By tronator 11th Feb 18, 12:09 PM
    • 2,637 Posts
    • 1,462 Thanks
    tronator
    Depending on what PVR you're using, it might be worth looking into SchedulesDirect. The guide data is consistent across channels and includes things like season, episode, actors, rating, category, original airdate, ...

I use it now for 2 years with MythTV and don't look back. It's $25 a year and they also have a 7 day trial.
    • islandman
    • By islandman 11th Feb 18, 12:21 PM
    • 4,096 Posts
    • 1,718 Thanks
    islandman
    Depending on what PVR you're using, it might be worth looking into SchedulesDirect. The guide data is consistent across channels and includes things like season, episode, actors, rating, category, original airdate, ...

I use it now for 2 years with MythTV and don't look back. It's $25 a year and they also have a 7 day trial.
    Originally posted by tronator
    In my opinions n, no-one should have to do anything to receive what they've paid for initially.
    • tronator
    • By tronator 11th Feb 18, 2:10 PM
    • 2,637 Posts
    • 1,462 Thanks
    tronator
    In my opinions n, no-one should have to do anything to receive what they've paid for initially.
    Originally posted by islandman
    In a perfect world...

In the meantime you can live with the problems you have or do something about it. I chose the latter.

And where does it say you paid for the EPG? You pay to receive the TV channels, the EPG is a freebie on top.

The main problem is, that the EPG is provided by the TV channels. That means they can put in whatever they want. There's no standard which says what should be included and in what form.
    • islandman
    • By islandman 11th Feb 18, 2:51 PM
    • 4,096 Posts
    • 1,718 Thanks
    islandman
    In a perfect world...

In the meantime you can live with the problems you have or do something about it. I chose the latter.

And where does it say you paid for the EPG? You pay to receive the TV channels, the EPG is a freebie on top.

The main problem is, that the EPG is provided by the TV channels. That means they can put in whatever they want. There's no standard which says what should be included and in what form.
    Originally posted by tronator
    EPG means nothing to me and as no-one else has responded, guess they have dropped out of conversation.
    • firefox1956
    • By firefox1956 11th Feb 18, 3:00 PM
    • 1,458 Posts
    • 859 Thanks
    firefox1956
    EPG ??
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=EPG&oq=EPG&aqs=chrome..69i57.2482688j1j7& sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
    • islandman
    • By islandman 11th Feb 18, 3:19 PM
    • 4,096 Posts
    • 1,718 Thanks
    islandman
    Oh yes, we have that, used it to pre-set our recorder. Thanks though
    • islandman
    • By islandman 12th Feb 18, 1:16 PM
    • 4,096 Posts
    • 1,718 Thanks
    islandman
    I have emailed Freesat:-

Hi. Yesterday and today 10th/11th Feb. I like many other users of Freesat, were more than concerned that programs being shown, were totally out of sync with those being advertised. This resulted in many people being able to record the programs they had set their recorder to record, or to record "on impulse".

Last evening, threads started to appear on the Forums of Martin Lewis's Money Saving Expert and Digital Spy. It became apparent that this problem was widespread and therefore nothing to do with an individuals appliances.

Some users highlighted that of late, some series recordings had episodes missing, many have experienced instances where recording commenced several minutes after transmission, leaving them with an incomplete program.

I'm sure you would agree that this is something users of Freesat didn't sign up for. Because Freesat failed to issue a statement on either of it's Facebook page, Twitter or indeed their own website, it lead to severe concern with people unsure if they should re-set their appliances.

Thankfully, as I pen these words, it appears the problem has been rectified.

What I would respectfully suggest is this, should you be aware of an issue within your system that could possibly have an impact on a user of Freesat, that you set up an explanation on your website which might allay fears of an individual thinking their appliance was at fault.

I trust you will receive this email in the context in which it has been sent, as a constructive comment.

I do intend making it available to those forums that have relevant concerns.
    Originally posted by islandman

FROM FREESAT

Hi
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about the issues experienced with your EPG listings over the weekend. We've discovered an issue with one of our third party broadcast systems that caused some listing errors and prevented scheduled recordings on some channels, but understand that these have now been resolved.
    If your issues persist then please let us know, along with the make and model of your Freesat box and we'll do our best to help.
    Many thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,664Posts Today

9,717Users online

Martin's Twitter