IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NTK Received After 4 Weeks

BobSmith5
BobSmith5 Posts: 49 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
edited 7 February 2018 at 10:56PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi all,

I was wondering if I could get some advice on a parking ticket I received. The company is ParkingEye, and they have rejected my initial appeal, so now I have a POPLA code.

The driver had parked in a hotel car park, and used a blue badge. Seems it was not clear that blue badge holders were still required to pay. In any case, the event was on the mid November, and the date of issue is more than three weeks later. However, there is a discrepancy as it also states that the date issued is the nearer Christmas, in the black box with the fine amount. I received the letter on the mid December.

I understand that based on POFA (2012), there is a time limit for when the ticket must be received. Which seems to be 14 days.

Is it possible to win the POPLA appeal based on this? Are there any other considerations I ought to make?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 February 2018 at 8:10PM
    BobSmith5 wrote: »
    Is it possible to win the POPLA appeal based on this?
    Yes it is.

Are there any other considerations I ought to make?
    Yes.
    As well as no keeper liability consider -
    Signage
    No Landowner Authority

These, and others, are all explained in post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky/pinned thread.

Also, you need to edit your opening post to remove any clues to the driver's identity.

For example, your second paragraph should perhaps start with something like:
    The driver had parked in a hotel car park...

Is your forum username your real name?
    If so, you would be wise to get MSE to change it to something more anonymous.
    To do that, click on the 'Report' button on your post and ask the MSE Forum Team for their help.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Edit your post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper. Hopefully you didn't reveal the driver's identity when the keeper appealed.

Where ANPR is used the NTK must arrive by day 14 for keeper liability to apply. Usually where parking lie fail to meet the deadline you get a NTK with the bit about the POFA missing. I think there is an example of what it looks like in the NEWBIES thread.

If you didn't give away the driver's identity then non POFA compliant NTK will be your winning point at PoPLA.
    Use all the template appeal points available to you from the NEWBIES and post your draft appeal here for checking before you send it.

What happened when you complained to the hotel manager?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Is there any mention on your NtK of PoFA. Is there a paragraph (usually on the reverse of the NtK) that states <If, after 29 days ...... >?

Please provide info on above.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Hi all,

Thank you for the responses.

I did not reveal the driver when appealing to ParkingEye. I did not contact the hotel manager regarding the fine. I just appealed via ParkingEye's online system. They seemed to generate an automated reply, which did not address the point I made about the NTK being late.

There's no paragraph regarding PFA on my NTK.

One query I have is which is the date I should be going by? They are both outside the 14 day time frame, in any case.

How should I structure the letter?

Thank you again.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You seem to have a Golden Ticket (look it up via a forum search) so you can kill it at POPLA.

Have you had your POPLA Code from PE? If so, we will help you develop a winning appeal. Draft something up, using the advice in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3.

Easy enough, with the right amount of effort on your part. Go for it!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    They seemed to generate an automated reply, which did not address the point I made about the NTK being late.

Has that got a POPLA code? Golden tickets (non POFA) are nigh on impossible to lose at POPLA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    edited 7 February 2018 at 9:26PM
    I did not reveal the driver when appealing to ParkingEye.
    That's good to hear, but now edit your opening post as suggested earlier.

This is not just petty pedantry. It is known that the PPCs trawl forums like this just looking for people to trip themselves up.

You have a golden ticket - don't throw that away through carelessness.

Just before Christmas I received a PM from a guy who had his PoPLA appeal denied because the PPC could prove that the appellant was the driver. They produced screenshots from this very forum which sunk his golden ticket appeal.

And if you username is your real name... that makes it really easy for them to tie this thread to your PoPLA appeal doesn't it?
  • Yes, I have a POPLA Code. However, I'm just concerned that I'm missing something. Can I really win this due to the fact that they sent this late?

I have edited out my post to remove the dates. BobSmith is not my real name, either.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    However, I'm just concerned that I'm missing something. Can I really win this due to the fact that they sent this late?

100% yes, if you only appealed as keeper. A non-POFA PCN can only hold a driver liable.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    I think you need to re-read what I posted earlier:
    KeithP wrote: »
    Also, you need to edit your opening post to remove any clues to the driver's identity.

For example, your second paragraph should perhaps start with something like:
    The driver had parked in a hotel car park...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure