Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wonderland2018
    • By Wonderland2018 18th Jan 18, 10:00 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Wonderland2018
    Parking ticket for parking in disabled bay - should I pay or appeal?
    • 18th Jan 18, 10:00 PM
    Parking ticket for parking in disabled bay - should I pay or appeal? 18th Jan 18 at 10:00 PM
    Thank you for your advice.
    Last edited by Wonderland2018; 20-01-2018 at 2:01 AM.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Jan 18, 10:02 PM
    • 16,652 Posts
    • 26,037 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 18th Jan 18, 10:02 PM
    • 18th Jan 18, 10:02 PM
    Which parking company? UKCPM?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 18th Jan 18, 10:04 PM
    • 5,659 Posts
    • 4,347 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 18th Jan 18, 10:04 PM
    • 18th Jan 18, 10:04 PM
    Can I appeal on the grounds of his error or alsothat it was dark and hard to see the markings? Or shall I just suck it up and pay?
    Originally posted by Wonderland2018
    Another option might be to read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread and sent the 'already written for you' appeal to the PPC.

Who is the Private Parking Company?
    • Wonderland2018
    • By Wonderland2018 18th Jan 18, 10:06 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Wonderland2018
    • 18th Jan 18, 10:06 PM
    • 18th Jan 18, 10:06 PM
    It was Parking Ticketing Limited
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 18th Jan 18, 10:16 PM
    • 5,659 Posts
    • 4,347 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 18th Jan 18, 10:16 PM
    • 18th Jan 18, 10:16 PM
    As they are members of The British Parking Association's Approved Operators Scheme, send the blue template appeal from post #1 of the thread I mentioned earlier.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Jan 18, 10:22 PM
    • 16,652 Posts
    • 26,037 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 18th Jan 18, 10:22 PM
    • 18th Jan 18, 10:22 PM
    Their company name tells you everything. Unashamed! Not even attempting to masquerade as a parking management company. Maybe they’re being more honest than the rest.

They’re nothing to worry about - initial appeal, get them crushed at POPLA which will kill this dead - for good. See NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 for your first steps.

If you’re brave enough and understand the potential risks (don’t just do this because it seems the easiest option) you could just ignore everything, short of a LBCCC or real court papers - which will need dealing with.

A non-litigious company currently, but they have 6 years to pursue you through the county court - and no one can guarantee how they might behave between now and 2024.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Parking_Ticketing.html
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Wonderland2018
    • By Wonderland2018 18th Jan 18, 10:56 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Wonderland2018
    • 18th Jan 18, 10:56 PM
    • 18th Jan 18, 10:56 PM
    Thank you for your help
    • laskes
    • By laskes 14th Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    laskes
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:15 PM

I appealed on Day 26 using a standard template from NEWBIE Sticky board.

Today they sent me this reply.
    What do I do? Ignore and wait for the official notice to the keeper?
    Respond and ask for POPLA code again? Or will they send it anyway if I ignore them?

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for your letter of appeal against the Parking Charge Notice issued under the terms of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

Unfortunately, we are unable to process your appeal as you were not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the PCN being issued, as per the above Legislation. Could we please kindly request the driver to appeal against the Parking Charge Notice if they wish to, so that we can process an appeal, as we actively seek to process all valid appeals.

If we do not hear from the driver within 7 days, appeals department will accept the appeal from yourself as we assume you will have taken responsibility for the PCN.

Please note if you are unable or unwilling to provide the driver!!!8217;s details and the parking charge has not been paid in full and we do not know both the name and current address of the driver, we have the right to recover any unpaid part of the parking charge from you. This Notice is given to you under Paragraph 9(2)(f) of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and is subject to our complying with the applicable conditions under Schedule 4 of that Act.

Should you provide an incorrect address for service, we may pursue you for any Parking Charge amount that remains unpaid.

Should you identify someone, who denies they were the driver, we may pursue you for any Parking Charge amount that remains unpaid.

Could you or the driver please get back to us within 7 days from the above date, failure to do so will result in the PCN being passed to a Debt Collections Agent after 28 days from the date of issue, where further charges will be added.

They can also appeal online through our website at www.ptlappeals.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Appeals Dept.

UNQUOTE
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 14th Feb 18, 3:23 PM
    • 8,175 Posts
    • 7,461 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:23 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 3:23 PM
    This is a scam. Parliament are in the process of regulating these companies and no doubt some may go out of business. See what Parliament said in the HoC recently and complain robustly to you MP.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41,
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 14th Feb 18, 3:23 PM
    • 5,659 Posts
    • 4,347 Thanks
    KeithP
    Laskes, if you want advice on your situation then please start your own thread.

It can only lead to confusion trying to deal with two people's issues in one thread.

Meanwhile, ignore that letter and wait for a PoPLA code.

No further response on this thread please.
    • laskes
    • By laskes 14th Feb 18, 3:30 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    laskes
    Thanks, Keith! Sorry, I am in very similar situation as the OP so guess looking for the same advise. Thank you
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Feb 18, 3:31 PM
    • 2,621 Posts
    • 3,219 Thanks
    waamo

I appealed on Day 26 using a standard template from NEWBIE Sticky board.

Today they sent me this reply.
    What do I do? Ignore and wait for the official notice to the keeper?
    Respond and ask for POPLA code again? Or will they send it anyway if I ignore them?

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for your letter of appeal against the Parking Charge Notice issued under the terms of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.

Unfortunately, we are unable to process your appeal as you were not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the PCN being issued, as per the above Legislation. Could we please kindly request the driver to appeal against the Parking Charge Notice if they wish to, so that we can process an appeal, as we actively seek to process all valid appeals.

If we do not hear from the driver within 7 days, appeals department will accept the appeal from yourself as we assume you will have taken responsibility for the PCN.

Please note if you are unable or unwilling to provide the driver!!!8217;s details and the parking charge has not been paid in full and we do not know both the name and current address of the driver, we have the right to recover any unpaid part of the parking charge from you. This Notice is given to you under Paragraph 9(2)(f) of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and is subject to our complying with the applicable conditions under Schedule 4 of that Act.

Should you provide an incorrect address for service, we may pursue you for any Parking Charge amount that remains unpaid.

Should you identify someone, who denies they were the driver, we may pursue you for any Parking Charge amount that remains unpaid.

Could you or the driver please get back to us within 7 days from the above date, failure to do so will result in the PCN being passed to a Debt Collections Agent after 28 days from the date of issue, where further charges will be added.

They can also appeal online through our website at www.ptlappeals.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Appeals Dept.

UNQUOTE
    Originally posted by laskes
    Are you the original poster or are you hijacking somebody else's thread?
    This space for hire.
    • Wonderland2018
    • By Wonderland2018 14th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Wonderland2018
    Thanks for reviving the thread guys (just got email notification). No progress yet, appealed 2 days ago. If they reject, do I just wait for NTK and re-appeal again? Anyone else on here successfully gone through similar?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Feb 18, 3:40 PM
    • 2,621 Posts
    • 3,219 Thanks
    waamo
    You wait for a POPLA code. If you haven't had one within 35 days report them to the BPA.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,048Posts Today

9,705Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: A huge thank you to everyone who has signed our #RecoverySpace campaign letter so far - we have reached over 1,000 names! If you?

• RT @fikee: Told a ridiculously cool young lad behind me in the supermarket that I loved his boots. He looked at me and in that split secon?

• Happy Birthday Jordon. 21 today. Wish you as good a day as you can, and hope you are out of hospital and on the m? https://t.co/G0V9q9agzT

• Follow Martin