IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Court claim form for child

Options

Comments

• flothy
    flothy Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    bargepole wrote: »
    You need to complete form N235 and send it to the Court. A minor (under 18) cannot be a party to the case, and you, or another adult, need to be named as his Litigation Friend.

So then the case name will be changed to something like Scumbag Parking Ltd -v- Toby Jones (a Child, by his litigation friend Mary Jones), and you can file a defence and complete all other paperwork.
    OP: what is the ISSUE DATE on the claim form?

My concern is that, if the claim isnt acknowledged, or is already out of time, that the CCBC will not process the form in time and there will be a default judgement possible.

I would formally put the SOLICITORS on notice that the defendant is a minor, potentially enclosing a proof of age just to get them to bloody listen, and TELL THEM that if they attempt to enforce a default while the N235 is being processed, you will report them to the SRA. They KNEW the RK was a child.

There can be no possibility of the RK being the Keeper, so cannot be liable. They cannot be in charge of the motor vehicle I dont believe?

Thank you all for the advice. I have emailed BW Legal and copied in the CEO of Parks Trust to confirm that the defendant is a minor and to not move to a judgement. Email bounced back from BW Legal to say it was not the correct email address for court claim so second email sent to another email address and off to send letter recorded delivery. Talk about making you jump through hoops!

I am completing the N235 and it states that I have to send it to the court

'when you take the first step on
    the defendant’s behalf in the claim together with the certificate of
    service (if applicable).'

Does this mean I send it in along with the acknowledgment of service?
    I think if you write politely to Mr De Savary, focussing on the 'mistake by BW Legal who are known to make robo-claims without reading any detail' he might well cancel this one, if you say you will be publicising it further.

Thanks for the advice, next letter to be written....
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't use recorded delivery, as BW legal will probably refuse to sign for it; just first class with a certificate of postage from the post office is needed.

Certificate of service form is a N215 form.
  • flothy
    Options
    Don't use recorded delivery, as BW legal will probably refuse to sign for it; just first class with a certificate of postage from the post office is needed.

Certificate of service form is a N215 form.

Thanks for this, was just heading out to post!
  • flothy
    Options
    I have sat here tonight and thought about this.

I am not happy that both the land owner and Napier have allowed it to get to this point. Our son is now starting to pick up on conversations (even though we are trying to be discreet) and has had night terrors the last two nights.

I have looked through the court claim and can not find a box to counter claim. If we decide to go down this route, how do we do it?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    how can you COUNTER claim ? the paperwork is not in your name

you may however as the perent/guardian of the child , bring a seperate claim against one or 2 companies , BW are acting for the PPC , (and in <sick> ) good faith based on info provided to them

you have not hired them , the PPC has , , why should they take instructions from you? , instructions come from the PPC

much as you can tell BW to sod off , instructions must come from the PPC
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    flothy wrote: »
    Our son is now starting to pick up on conversations (even though we are trying to be discreet) and has had night terrors the last two nights.

I have looked through the court claim and can not find a box to counter claim. If we decide to go down this route, how do we do it?
    Surely you shouldn't be discussing this with a six year old??

You submit a counterclaim (and fee) along with the defence
  • flothy
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Surely you shouldn't be discussing this with a six year old??

You submit a counterclaim (and fee) along with the defence

Gosh no we would never discuss it with him he has a learning disability and we thought we had been discreet. Sorry I should have explained sooner he is adopted and we have been to court for this, so hearing anyone mentioning court is a worry for him.

As I have stated, foolishly I have spoken to BW Legal and Parks Trust this week on the phone and discussed it with my husband. I thought he hadn't heard our conversations.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Did they know prior to launching a claim that it would be against a child? If not I don’t think a counter claim would go down very well.

Generally judges don’t seem very keen on them. It would likely be views as retaliation rather than a genuine claim for damages. If you are thinking of mentioning emotional distress it will probably go down like a lead balloon, mostly because you can’t put a value on it.

If the claim was launched with a reasonable expectation it was against an adult you may end up out of pocket.
  • flothy
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    Did they know prior to launching a claim that it would be against a child? If not I don’t think a counter claim would go down very well.

Generally judges don’t seem very keen on them. It would likely be views as retaliation rather than a genuine claim for damages. If you are thinking of mentioning emotional distress it will probably go down like a lead balloon, mostly because you can’t put a value on it.

If the claim was launched with a reasonable expectation it was against an adult you may end up out of pocket.

They were aware it was against a minor. I did speak to the land owners in the summer and was advised that they would not take it to court. I spoke to them again this week and they had changed their view.

I am not after retaliation I just want it not to happen again to someone.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    flothy wrote: »
    They were aware it was against a minor. I did speak to the land owners in the summer and was advised that they would not take it to court. I spoke to them again this week and they had changed their view.

I am not after retaliation I just want it not to happen again to someone.

then a counter claim is not what you need , public embarrassment is the way to go
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family