Top Bank Accounts Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    robotrobo wrote: »
    ... i have set up a 123 account & ididnt need to do no 3 thats all...
    Why have you set it up then? To pay £2 monthly fee while there are many free current accounts around?
  • iabw12
    iabw12 Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had an email from Marks and Spencer offering me a £100 gift card plus 20% off homeware and clothes to switch to their premium account costing either £15 or £20 per month. Can anyone comment on these accounts?
  • Minee
    Minee Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    If switching to Halifax, just be very careful when taking the benefit package account as their service when you claim are totally rubbish. I have made a claim on their home emergency cover on the 22nd of Feb 2013 and till now I still don't have hot water and that is the second time they doing so much delay. And a friend of mine had to put a complaint through as her claim for her mobile phone was going nowhere. People just sit there not their job properly and you have to chase for the job by calling their 0845 number and be on a queue for ever...... HALIFAX is just rubbish basically!!!!!:mad:
  • Stelf
    Stelf Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Switched current account last year to Santander and it was very simple and quick so would certainly recommend this bank to anyone who wants to earn a few shillings on their current account. I think they have improved a lot in the past 12 months.
  • rogercr
    rogercr Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Stelf

I hope you don't mind me asking but I wondered what prompted you to go to the trouble to join this forum today as a newby - just to say you are happy with Santander? Normally people only write on here if there is something out of the ordinary - good or bad - Are you connected with Santander in some way?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Are you not being paranoid?
  • Stelf
    Stelf Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Hi rogercr
    No I don't mind you asking and I am not connected with Santander in any way apart from their 3% current account which is about £250 per annum better than the 0% at Barclays. Pays for my petrol for around four months which is better than a kick up the whatsits.
  • robotrobo
    robotrobo Posts: 921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    Why have you set it up then? To pay £2 monthly fee while there are many free current accounts around?

hi grumbler.
    your right !, i did not quite read the third question right, i earn £50 approx every month with the max £20.000 in the JOINT account , my wife being a non tax payer. Approx £45 int after tax plus money back on the 123 d/d make approx £5.
    Thankyou for your helpful advice on this forum.

i have also just enrolled before the change, to the first direct current account, e-account & the regular saver , paying 8%,the account is up & running , but santander are a little bit slow in releasing the d/debit list.
    I am not closing the santander account , i am just going to select 2 lowest paying direct debits from the list & hand them over to firstdirect which i hope meets there t&conditions ,i must admit i struggle with all paperwork & not as clever as i think i am & bumble my way through with many mistakes.
    best regards
  • ghandi.manning
    Options
    When it says "You must transfer a salary of at least £1,000 a month" does this have to be a transfer of BACS payment of wages or can this simply be a standing order from another one of my current accounts, with a reverse standing order setup the following day to return it to that account?

Thanks,
    Ghandi
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport