Looking for a tool to publish hundreds of items with one click on eBay

Options
QQQ
QQQ Posts: 375 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Let's say I have 100 files with description for each of 100 items (whichever format is required) and 100 jpeg photos, also one per item. Is there a free tool which allows to put all those 100 items on eBay with one of few clicks?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    QQQ wrote: »
    Let's say I have 100 files with description for each of 100 items (whichever format is required) and 100 jpeg photos, also one per item. Is there a free tool which allows to put all those 100 items on eBay with one of few clicks?

I'm not aware of anyway of doing that. I suspect not though as a listing on eBay contains more info than just a description and photo.

Perhaps using something like Auctiva and setting up standard templates and just dropping the info in one item at a time might work.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • QQQ
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    I suspect not though as a listing on eBay contains more info than just a description and photo.
    Of course, I just tried to avoid being annoyingly pedantic asking my question.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not free but Seller Source Book and Auctiva do the sort of thing you possibly need, especially if you use their own inventories. There is probably a free version but there may be a reason it's free. SSB & Auctiva don't cost a lot.
  • QQQ
    Options
    Are there any more tools, preferably free?
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are there any more tools, preferably free?

have you heard of google?
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    mgdavid wrote: »
    have you heard of google?

Clearly not. 10 months since posting and a shameless bump.
  • QQQ
    edited 28 March 2019 at 1:14PM
    Options
    Clearly not. 10 months since posting and a shameless bump.
    Yep. And another "shameless bump" in hope to get a better answer than just "dunno, try to google it".
  • nathandev
    nathandev Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Yep. And another "shameless bump" in hope to get a better answer than just "dunno, try to google it".
    That was inappropriate, anyways I'd suggest going with manually because like Oberlo you can add items to your store but you still have to do the listing by yourself without any tools.
    Travel Enthusiast
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

what you want is unlikely to exist- there's more to a listing that just description and photos. Ebay require postage options, EAN numbers in some categories (although there is a not required option), item condition, listing type , item specifics and duration.

Two suggestions, neither of which fit the bill really though:

1) Look at auctiva, a paid for service where you can use templates and drop in information (watch this though as you may not get an accurate fees forcast).

2) templates direct on ebay- assuming items are similar. List one with a set of postage options, item descriptions price and category etc - set that as a template and then use it to list the rest just changing photos and description but leaving the rest the same. You would need to cut and paste though and add all photos individually. You would also need to confirm format was mobile friendly, even with description changed.

I would however caution against cutting too many corners on ebay as if mistakes happen, and something is shown with the wrong item specific or such like it can be very costly for the seller facing SNAD claims.

This is over a year though since you initially asked- rather than try and find an almost impossible way of listing why not just list manually and get started? With all the hard work already done and a good template you could probably list that lot a batch a night in a few days without much effort.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

No one said "dunno". You've been given some suggestions from people who list a lot.

I don't understand why you don't google it but as you can't be bothered to then no doubt we'll see you in another 10 months and you won't have found your answer.....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback