Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    russweb
    Replacement SIM from Orange
    • 16th Oct 07, 2:31 PM
    Replacement SIM from Orange 16th Oct 07 at 2:31 PM
    Hi there everyone

I recently switched to Orange with a new monthly contract. My phone was stolen (along with wallet, house keys etc.) yesterday. I rang and blocked the SIM and asked for a replacement. THey told me that since I bought the phone from Carphonewarehouse, I had to get it from them. I rang CPW and they told me I could do this in store. When I went in to my local store they said, fine, that will be 15 + VAT (17.63). I said that when this had happened before to me or family with O2 or T Mobile, they had sent out replacement SIM free of charge. Sorry, no. I tried Orange again but they said they would charge the same. WHen I said your competitors make no charge, they were unimpressed. Trouble is I have had my number ported over and want to keep it.

Anyway round this one? Having everything stolen has caused the usual amount of aggravation and costs (despite very good insurance company) but it will still cost me over 100. I'd like not to have to pay another 17..

Thanks

Russell
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,659Posts Today

7,734Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Does anyone have a savings statement to hand? (either on paper or online). If so can you check, does it include your current interest rate?

• Filming in Greenwich today - my commute involves the Thames Clipper - what a lovely to get to work!

• RT @stellacreasy: Walthamstow- if you were one of the 100 who helped lifted the bus to rescue that poor cyclist. Just Thank you. #proudmp #?

• Follow Martin