flexi fare loop hole

im looking for flights for april the 2 and 5th and have noticed the flexi fare sign, could i book for march the 28th and april the 16th and switch the dates to when i need them? i dont need to change the route just the date
thanks in advance

Comments

• stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Not enough info, need to be more descriptive with detail. Read airlines t&c's. Some airlines have change fees and you will probably have to pay the difference in the fare for the dates you really want. Why don't you just book your required dates to start with?
  • ew.84
    ew.84 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2018 at 2:00PM
    i forgot to put its easy jet. ive read martins review but thought id come on here to double check as ive never flown before so im nervous about making a mistake. tbh i was looking for our flights to be cheaper. it works out quite a bit cheaper for me if the flexi fare works or i would have just booked the days i want but as its a money saving site i figure id check.
  • ew.84
    edited 7 January 2018 at 2:12PM
    9.2.2 If You buy an easyJet Flexi You will be able to make an unlimited number of free changes to the Flight time in Your original Booking, conditional upon the changed Flight time falling within a fixed four week time window (starting one week before the original travel date and ending three weeks after the original travel date).

9.2.3 You are also entitled to make an unlimited number of route changes (i.e. changes to the departure or destination airports of Your original Booking) to an easyJet Flexi Booking without payment of the flight change fee (set out in Our Fees and Charges), provided that:

(a) the changed Flight falls within a fixed four week time window (starting one week before the original travel date and ending three weeks after the original travel date); and

(b) You pay any difference between the original fare paid and the fare available for the changed Flight at the time the change is made. If the available fare is lower than the original fare paid, no refund will be made. Route changes for easyJet Flexi Bookings are not available on the Website. See Article 9.2.5 (easyJet Flexi) below for the ways that You can make a route change.
  • stevie11
    So how much are you saving compared to the dates you want to fly?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ew.84 wrote: »
    9.2.2 If You buy an easyJet Flexi You will be able to make an unlimited number of free changes to the Flight time in Your original Booking, conditional upon the changed Flight time falling within a fixed four week time window (starting one week before the original travel date and ending three weeks after the original travel date).
    ew.84 wrote: »
    im looking for flights for april the 2 and 5th and have noticed the flexi fare sign, could i book for march the 28th and april the 16th and switch the dates to when i need them? i dont need to change the route just the date
    thanks in advance

If you book 16th April for the return flight, does the bold part not mean you can change that flight to dates between the 9th (one week before) and the 7th May (3 weeks later)? so would not help you move to the 5th April
  • stevie11
    Caz, T&C's are confusing, I read that to be outward 21/3 and inward 18/4. I see how you have read it though;)
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    9.2.3.b could be the gotcha
  • stevie11
    unforeseen wrote: »
    9.2.3.b could be the gotcha
    Yes I noticed that. OP should state the price and savings. It may or may not be worth all the hassle.
  • ew.84
    if it cant be done then i don't suppose the savings matter. if anyone knows for sure though i'm all ears.
    eileen
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,570 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Clause 9.2.3 refers to change of route, which ew.84 does not need. When changing only the time and date of the Flexi booking there is nothing to pay.

But you can only change to a date within the window of one week before and three weeks after the original booking, so to fly on April 5th you would have to book no later than April 12th.

You have to wait 24 hours before you can change your Flexi booking (the first time). There's always the chance that the flight you want will become full and unavailable, but it's never happened to me and I have used this method countless times.
    Evolution, not revolution
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport