Long Haul Destination Ideas

Options

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can have perfect weather and sunsets in June in Europe, no point flying long haul, you can shorten the holiday to 10/11 nights compared to a 14 night long haul because your travel times are shorter and there’s no jet lag.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Moneygrabber89
    Options
    You make a valid point but me and my wife have travelled in Europe now for the last 10 years. In April we went to Japan and got a taste of something a little further afield. The culture etc is just nicer and different.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You make a valid point but me and my wife have travelled in Europe now for the last 10 years....

The sunset in Greece in June is perfect, have you experienced this?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    The sunset in Greece in June is perfect, have you experienced this?

If want want to compare sunsets, then why travel any further than Morecambe Bay...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vZSF9Tk9qw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7ENCzrIwts

There's a whole lot more to a well planned trip to the Far Flung than a sunset.....but obviously a short trip might leave you knackered for a few days when you get home. I reckon 2 weeks not including travel is about the minimum, the longer the better.
  • beckysbobbles1
    Options
    Cambodia is also a beautiful country. Very sad history but lovely people and countryside.

Maybe consider an all inclusive holiday in Cape Verde then you don't have to pay out much more.
  • Moneygrabber89
    Options
    Greece is one of our favourite places. We love it it however we fancy going a bit further afield. See some different culture.
    I not considered cape Verde but all inclusive doesn't seem to appeal as don't leave hotel much

We look at Vietnam last night and I must say it looks great. Could anybody who had been suggest best areas and times to travel. We would probs end up doing a few internal flights. Would these be expensice?
  • PompeyPete
    Options
    Greece is one of our favourite places. We love it it however we fancy going a bit further afield. See some different culture.
    I not considered cape Verde but all inclusive doesn't seem to appeal as don't leave hotel much

We look at Vietnam last night and I must say it looks great. Could anybody who had been suggest best areas and times to travel. We would probs end up doing a few internal flights. Would these be expensice?

I gave you most of that info in #3.

If you only have 2 weeks including flights then you don't want to be over ambitious.

Internal flights are inexpensive....Vietnam Airlines and Vietjet. Make sure you book on the official websites, and not a look-alike.

The hotel I linked in #3 is excellent, but there are many more......all depends how much seaching around the internet you want to do. Trusted recommendations and reliable reviews are worth considering, your call though.
  • Moneygrabber89
    Options
    Last night we looked at flying into Hanoi and spending a few days there (As you suggested it’s also good for day trips such as Halong Bay 2 day cruise) and then getting a flight too Hoi Ann as also suggested and spend a week or so there. We were unsure whether to then fly to Ho Chi Minh City and back to England from there. We are looking at a 2 week holiday so maybe the final stop of Hi Chi Minh may be a bit too much as less can sometimes be more.]

Has anybody reading this visited Hi Chi Minh or Hanoi and could suggest which is better place if only visited one or the other.
  • PompeyPete
    edited 3 January 2018 at 4:23PM
    Options
    Last night we looked at flying into Hanoi and spending a few days there (As you suggested it’s also good for day trips such as Halong Bay 2 day cruise) and then getting a flight too Hoi Ann as also suggested and spend a week or so there. We were unsure whether to then fly to Ho Chi Minh City and back to England from there. We are looking at a 2 week holiday so maybe the final stop of Hi Chi Minh may be a bit too much as less can sometimes be more.]

Has anybody reading this visited Hi Chi Minh or Hanoi and could suggest which is better place if only visited one or the other.

I didn't suggest HCMC because of the usual bad weather at the time of year you want to go.

If you want to finish your trip in HCMC, go for it....fly from Danang after you've visited Hoi An. BUT, if the weather is bad in the south, don' be surprised if flights are delayed or cancelled.
  • Moneygrabber89
    Options
    Your like the Vietnam guro haha. Thanks mate.

You been to Vietnam multiple times I assume?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure