Vodafone default - 2 years later !!

Options
Vodafone have put a default on my account from over 12 months ago. I had an account for my daughter and waited for the contract to expire then cancelled the account - all confirmed from Vodafone. Then a month later another bill, contacted Vodafone again and was assured that the account was closed and there was no monies due to them. The next month yet another bill - hours and hours on the phone to be to the same. The next thing to happen was a letter from a debt collection agency I spoke to them and they put the account on hold. I explained that I had a confirmation e-mail of a live chat that the account was cancelled. That was last October, I contacted the Sun on Sunday and my complaint was printed - in no time I received a phone call from the directors office at Vodafone confirming that this was all sorted out and that would be the end of it!! Then this year in August I had a notification that there was a new entry on my credit file - Hey ho a default from Vodafone. I queried with them again they told me this would be removed and it would be off my account within 4-6 weeks. This is still on there - how can I get rid of it ?:mad:

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Travu2yell wrote: »
    Vodafone have put a default on my account from over 12 months ago. I had an account for my daughter and waited for the contract to expire then cancelled the account - all confirmed from Vodafone. Then a month later another bill,

Your account didn’t expire and would have required 30 days notice. The bill that arrived after a month was probably for the notice period, did you pay it?
    ====
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Follow the perennial instructions on the Vodafone Complaints thread to contact the WRT or you'll get no-where.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Travu2yell,

I'm sorry to hear that the cancellation of your account didn't go as smoothly as expected and that your credit report has also been impacted.

If you still need help with the situation you've posted about, please email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure