Start an ironing service... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Options

Comments

• picklepick
    picklepick Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :p seeing as everyone else seems to be ..... im in manchester if anyones interested. i iron and clean! pm me!:D
    What matters most is how well you walk through the fire
  • picklepick
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    its gone very quiet on this thread... i hope thats because everyones too busy ironing!
  • Whoooooooosh
    Options
    lol Pickle. I've gone quiet trying to sort my life out. I've seen an accountant & I'm all ready to go, but at the last minute the Jobcentre realised I might just be able to qualify for New Deal, Trial Trading for self-employed, so then I was waiting for interview etc. Now I'm accepted on the scheme since yesterday & my first day of trading will officially be..... *drum roll*.... 2nd June !!!!

Under the New Deal scheme you can trade for up to 26 week whilst still getting full benefits, plus £15 extra on top. You must show that you're 'working' 30 hours per week on your business (that could include leaflet distribution, market research, even reading this thread lol). You can't take any drawings from the business during the time you're on the scheme, that is you can pay business bills, but not take a wage for yourself. It's a pretty good deal as far as I can see :)

Wish me luck !!!!
  • cazac71
    cazac71 Posts: 425 Forumite
    Options
    picklepick wrote: »
    its gone very quiet on this thread... i hope thats because everyones too busy ironing!

No B*gger wants any doing in Cambs!:confused:
    Caz
    Debt free after 12 years :T
  • picklepick
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ive given up on the ironing and gone for a full whack domestic cleaning service. got my first customers this week! yay! :j

Caz - Hope things pick up for you!

Whoooooosh - That sounds really good. If your not already on benefits (im not) can you still get some sort of help with New Deal etc? I may look into it this week.
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all we're doing well at the moment too, we've set up cleaning aswell now :)

I hope everyone is doing well

Steph xx
  • carolan78
    carolan78 Posts: 993 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone doing ironing in leeds? If so pm me with costs ect thank you
  • hur575
    hur575 Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    What a great idea, I love ironing ,cleaning etc, I would love to start this as a business I am based in south London, any one wants some ironing done?
    So if you don’t have a shop, you will get the customers [FONT=&quot]clothes[/FONT] yourself??
  • picklepick
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hur575 wrote: »
    What a great idea, I love ironing ,cleaning etc, I would love to start this as a business I am based in south London, any one wants some ironing done?
    So if you don’t have a shop, you will get the customers [FONT=&quot]clothes[/FONT] yourself??

we do a collect and delivery service, or we iron in the customers own home. depends what you want to do really :D
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    Options
    We just collect and deliver as i dont want to be carrying my huge iron everywhere with me :)

Steph xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure