Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • sammy_kaye18
    • By sammy_kaye18 16th Oct 07, 3:59 PM
    • 2,909 Posts
    • 17,356 Thanks
    sammy_kaye18
    • 16th Oct 07, 3:59 PM
    • 16th Oct 07, 3:59 PM
    I was considering doing this with family trees. I absolutely love sitting at home and getting it done for people - i jsut did my mother in laws after like 2 weeks as a chrismtas present to her and all i had to go on was her mums death certificate and that was it - now i am back to her great great great grandparents. Wonder if it would be worth looking into?
    Mummy of two Munchkins - one princess and one prince.
    Finally back working and hoping to get debt free - just need to add up my total debt
  • Burlesque Babe
    • 16th Oct 07, 8:20 PM
    • 16th Oct 07, 8:20 PM
    I work for AQA and have for over a year now.

It is now my full time job after taking redundancy.

It is not a get rich quick idea - it takes quite a lot of work to earn a decent crust. I work 6, somtimes 7 days a week, whatever hours I fancy and just about bring home enough to pay the mortgage, bills, food etc on my own.

However, for anyone wanting to work from home, who has good knowledge of the Internet and has a nose for finding out facts, it is a god send. It helped me pay huge chunks off my debt last year as a second job.
    "Stay Wonky"

Become Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012
    • iwanttoberich
    • By iwanttoberich 16th Oct 07, 8:51 PM
    • 257 Posts
    • 97 Thanks
    iwanttoberich
    • 16th Oct 07, 8:51 PM
    • 16th Oct 07, 8:51 PM
    I have just passed the initial test and am waiting for my induction into AQA. I am glad to hear that you are making a decent income from it. Well done! I love research and can spend hours trawling through the internet looking for answers. Also would love to clear a huge chunk off my debt.

Is the induction hard to do? Do people still fail at this stage?
    • save-a-lot
    • By save-a-lot 16th Oct 07, 8:54 PM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 2,287 Thanks
    save-a-lot
    • 16th Oct 07, 8:54 PM
    Hi

How do you get into AQA? my day job requires me to perform searches for information, so this would be ideal. Is there a link to an application form that you could post.

Thanks
  • MORPH3US
    Can someone explain AQA and what the job consists of?

Thanks

M
    • kisto
    • By kisto 16th Oct 07, 10:10 PM
    • 6,229 Posts
    • 81,395 Thanks
    kisto
    • 16th Oct 07, 10:10 PM
    • 16th Oct 07, 10:10 PM
    This thread gives more information on AQA:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=542333&highlight=AQA

I applied today and I am waiting for a reply.
  • Pandora123
    • 17th Oct 07, 10:32 AM
    • 17th Oct 07, 10:32 AM
    Texperts is another internet research company like AQA.

I want to move to theory. Everything works in theory.
  • icklejulez
    • 17th Oct 07, 11:50 AM
    • 17th Oct 07, 11:50 AM
    Texperts is another internet research company like AQA.

Originally posted by Pandora123
    Can you help me in how to apply for texperts, on the contact us form there is no sub-catagory for applying?

Thankyou
    Saving needed to emigrate to Oz
    *September 2015*

£11,860.00 needed = £1,106 in savings

• therivierakid
    • By therivierakid 17th Oct 07, 12:27 PM
    • 307 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    therivierakid
    Can you help me in how to apply for texperts, on the contact us form there is no sub-catagory for applying?

Thankyou
    Originally posted by icklejulez
    You have to do the little online test and pass it in order to apply. It's general knowledge on three subjects of your choosing, then a bit of reading and answering questions, then some basic maths and finally some web based research. I tried 3 times last night and failed all three times. I don't think there's any limit on how many times you can do the test.
  • 24ctu
    That texperts test was fun! I managed 100% on all the sections except the last question which doesn't score you as it's written.
  • Treakil
    Rise to the challenge!
    I just tried the texperts test and failed, but when I have more time I will try, try again! If you just got 100% I guess you will do well with texperts and earn loads. Good luck.
    • patchwork cat
    • By patchwork cat 31st Oct 07, 10:52 PM
    • 5,554 Posts
    • 8,522 Thanks
    patchwork cat
    texpert
    Hi
    HAs anyone managed to get through this test? I don't know if it is having some sort of off night, but the results do not add up on mine.
  • kindeke
    Texperts
    I have taken the test several times now, and it is incredibly difficult to pass.
    I had 100% on most elements, and then got absolutely impossible questions on the Research bit, and failed just that one segment, FAIL.
    I really don't know how to pass this, it seems to adapt the next segment to your score so far.

I'll keep trying though!
  • dmg24
    I've passed it, I am waiting for a start date.

I think the key with the research questions is to take your time x
    • Becles
    • By Becles 1st Nov 07, 12:26 PM
    • 12,690 Posts
    • 25,043 Thanks
    Becles
    I'm struggling with it.

I get 100% on all the sections apart from research which I always fail at 67% :confused:

I use the time allowed wisely and double check the answers are right on different websites, so I don't understand what I am doing wrong.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • 24ctu
    I think the research questions might be a bit hit-and-miss. It might take a few attempts at the test. I managed to answer all mine using wikipedia. As for the final, written question, I'm pretty sure it's intended to be unanswerable. I think it's just to see how witty your response would be.
    • patchwork cat
    • By patchwork cat 1st Nov 07, 1:08 PM
    • 5,554 Posts
    • 8,522 Thanks
    patchwork cat
    I got 100% on research most times, apart from the one where I had 100% on everything else!! I am sure that my research was correct as I found all the answers on google.
    I am beginning to wonder as I had some glitches - time came up at -1 right at the start & got the same question 2ce in the same test! I have also got some very odd percentage scores.

How much does it pay is it worth persevering?
    Last edited by patchwork cat; 01-11-2007 at 1:10 PM.
  • David Bowley
    I've failed it many times already aswell, it's rock hard doing the general knowledge. I think I'll get a friend to sit with me and help me out one day.
  • hayleybeale
    Hi ya what is texpert do you earn money from it?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,583Posts Today

7,065Users online

Martin's Twitter