ISA Calculators... whats the point?

Options
Hi Guys. What is the point of those ISA calculators you get in the various sites like Standard Life? They are so full of disclaimers and reasons that you won't get back what the calculator says you will - surely anyone basing their decision to ISA or not to ISA on this would be mad?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What is the point of those ISA calculators you get in the various sites like Standard Life?

There is little point. That is why most don't use them. Although, some people who have a target amount required on a target date, may find them useful to see if they are likely to be in the ballpark for their target.
    They are so full of disclaimers and reasons that you won't get back what the calculator says you will

They have to cover risk warnings. You only have to read this forum to see how many people make bad investment decisions and do not understand the risks.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure