PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 5 December 2017

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 5 December 2017 at 7:18AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Tuesday 5 December 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark here, cold but no frost.

DH up and gone to work, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was smoked sausage and mushroom pasta with creme fraiche, menfolk had a breaded chicken portion with theirs, tonight will be gammon, egg, chips and peas, jacket potato for me.

Yesterday work was a busy one, hoping today is the same as the day flew past yesterday.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• Morning all

Thanks for the thread nmlc, hugs to all those in need.

I have a long list f jobs to do today, I need to go to the butcher's, supermarket, hospital to get CHS'S hearing aid sorted out, book the car in to have the brakes checked and I have boats to clean.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Morning all, still dark here. Only a couple of weeks before the days start to lengthen, I am not a winter person. I have a friend who loves the dark nights and feeling cosy indoors but I look forward to spring.
    Thank you for your supportive words yesterday. I got through the day, was effective and today I'm not working as have to work on Thursday which was meant to be my day off. I'll be reducing my hours in the new year, down to a 3 day week. I am longing to retire but that will be very difficult until we buy another house and my OH is the most stubborn person, no compromise and the right house has just not come up I doubt it will actually because I've shown him every house in our price range that isn't totally horrible for a long time and he's not liked any of them, apart from one which wasn't at all possible once we'd looked at it.

I am going to have pikelets for breakfast because I want to. And later I might go shopping.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone

Tru Thanks for the daily Christmas song, I’m really enjoying it and look forward to it.
    Lainey I’m glad that you enjoyed the service at the hospice. It sounds like it was a very emotional day for you though.

I had some good news from my x-ray result of my knee, there isn’t any fracture so the GP thinks it is still infected and I’m going to carry on with the antibiotics and see him on Thursday and he may need to change them to something else. It looks like it is just badly infected and will slowly get better.

The washing got done yesterday as planned so today I want to see if I can manage to dust the sitting room and my bedroom. I don’t hold out much hope of feeling able to clean the kitchen or bathroom though so that will have to wait.

My cousin in Canada emailed me yesterday to say that he will be over at the end of January for work and will be here for four weeks. I’m really looking forward to seeing him and spending some time with him, we have always got on really well. Sadly my brother has never bothered with our relatives in Canada and doesn’t really know them, which is a shame for my niece and nephew because it would be a nice family connection for them.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 December 2017 at 8:09AM
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's still too dark to see what the weather is doing but the heating hasn't had to go on yet so that is good. Steve has gone to work and Phoebe and Lilly are rushing around getting ready for college. Becky is going back to the hospital today but she has had a lovely weekend and birthday so that is all very positive :D:D.

I am planning a week at home as they have closed off our part of town as the bridge needs resurfacing. There is such a long diversion that it becomes unaffordable to use my usual taxis. I have just ordered a healthy shop from Asda as I have put on so much weight over the last month. Anyway, I feel in a much better place to tackle it so I have made up a meal plan for the week and ordered all the ingredients to make some nice healthy food instead of the quick and easy rubbish we have been eating.

Today I am making some bacon and lentil soup for lunch and then a beef chilli for tea. I will start peeling all the veg in a minute once I have had a cuppa. Once the food is sorted I am planning a nice day with my knitting. I have nearly finished a scarf and am halfway through a hat for Jemima.

I hope Mr Lamewolf has a lovely birthday xx
    Thank you Tru for the lovely carols xx
    AOD, I am also very much looking forward to the Spring, fortunately it comes early down here so not too much longer to wait.
    Holly, I am so glad your knee isn't fractured, hope you feel better soon xx

I hope you all have a lovely day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Seems very cold here this morning but too dark to see what the weather is doing. Off to work for today and its going to be very busy, yesterday was manic with buffet's and xmas dinners and today is the same, its probably going to be manic no until xmas.

Gas man is finally coming tonight :jso we should have a functioning oven ! I wont know myself ! all the things I could cook !I must actually get something out of the freezer this morning. the possibilities are endless :D

I am doing an online shop for delivery Wednesday as I just done think im going to have time to go to a shop. I have also booked a Christmas delivery.

Right I had better get on, glad you will be reducing your hours, there is light at the end of the tunnel !!

Have good days all xx
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,760 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning all,

I had an early start yesterday with a contact lens check and an eye test. I then did a bit of shopping for my cousin who is housebound after a bad fall, stopped a while with her for a chat to cheer her up and then I did my own shopping. By the time I finished it was time to collect the HT and friends from school. I was shattered last night.

Today I want to clean downstairs - my friend is coming to help me put the tree up tomorrow in exchange for bacon butties.

Holly, I'm glad that there is no fracture

Dumpling happy for you that Becky had a good weekend

AOD I'm not a winter person either and if I were you OH would have had an ultimatum by now - move to the next house I thought was suitable so I could retire or I'd be going on my own.

Redruby The first thing I made after having my kitchen done involved a lot of vegetables. I missed those the most when I could only microwave stuff.

Take care all of you
  • Good morning all. It looks damp outside, but doesn't seem to cold.Quite a bit of sunshine yesterday,hope today is the same. Some of the spring bulbs I planted in containers are pushing through - I put them in the backyard for the winter, because the house faces north and it can be pretty bleak in the front garden in the winter. I'm planning to move the containers through to the front in the spring, hope I still get some flowers. Spring can sometimes be late here in the northeast.
    Glad you are able to reduce your hours Aod - I had planned to work till I was 65, but retired at 61, and have never regretted it, though we've had to be careful with money.
    So pleased your knee isn't fractured Holly H, and hope the antibiotics do the trick.
    Today I have a hospital appointment, a bit of shopping to do, and we're going out for a meal tonight with friends. We are going to a local Indian restaurant - must admit I prefer Chinese, but the majority wanted Indian.
    Time to get on with the day, I'm a slow starter these dark mornings
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Good to read that your knee isn't fractured Holly and your cousins visit is something fab to look forward to.
    AOD think going part time is a very good idea.
    Happy that Becky and her family enjoyed the weekend.

Funnily enough my DOH and I are currently discussing work, after a few years of working for himself my beloved is thinking about going back into a company, a couple of his clients are selling their businesses so there will less work in the new year and it would be nice to have a more guaranteed income. I am also starting to look for something part time, having time off has been lovely but think it's time to get back if only for my NI contributions!
    Not many plans for today, over to see Lulu this morning and then would like to pop into the garden centre as have a voucher for money off birdseed, with the cold weather they are going through it very quickly.
    Have a good day folks x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all

Today is a new day and I remind myself, throughout life's difficulties, im truly blessed. Well apart from the dream I had during the night. Going to watch a round of boxing isnt my idea of a blessing.:D

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • Morning all

DH has gone to collect DGS as it's our long day looking after him. I may have a nanna nap when he goes home at 3,15.

I'm sure today will involve watching Thomas the some Tank Engine cuddled up on the sofa with Grampy. DGS likes to chill with us on a Tuesday as he is often out doing things with mum Saturday to Monday.

Well have a good day all. Hugs and spoons all round.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family