Unit Trusts and Investment funds Dividends

Options
When you invest in a unit trust fund with a company like Fidelity, Jupiter, Bailiie Gifford, Schroder , Aberden. invesco Perpetual etc. Do all funds pay a dividend. It is usually annually or twice a year. Where can I find what dividend has been paid for each fund over the past 3 years to give me a guide. Does it make any difference if it is an income or accumulator fund. Thank you

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do all funds pay a dividend.

No. Some assets have little or no dividends. So, there would be little or nothing to pay out.

If you buy the accumulation version of the fund then any income is reinvested.
    It is usually annually or twice a year.

Where an income fund exists, the distribution frequency can be monthly, quarterly, half yearly or yearly.
    Does it make any difference if it is an income or accumulator fund.

In respect of the rate of return, no. In terms of whether you want natural income or not, then yes. Natural income is not the most popular option for income nowadays.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure