Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ness w
    • By ness w 28th Nov 17, 8:45 PM
    • 330Posts
    • 572Thanks
    ness w
    0 WOW
    Best time/way to book flights to Canada?
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:45 PM
    0 WOW
    Best time/way to book flights to Canada? 28th Nov 17 at 8:45 PM
    I've been invited to my niece's wedding and am hoping to fly as many of my children to Ottawa me as I can. It's nearly 30 years since I last flew long haul. What is the best way to get the cheapest tickets? Is it better to buy them as soon as the airline makes them available or wait tiĺ later? Also, are there any particularly good comparison sites to go to? Many thanks for any advice.

Page 1
    • fifeken
    • By fifeken 29th Nov 17, 1:17 AM
    • 2,176 Posts
    • 1,130 Thanks
    fifeken
    • 29th Nov 17, 1:17 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 1:17 AM
    Where from and when?

For comparison sites you could try Momondo, Skyscanner and Kayak.
    • jpsartre
    • By jpsartre 29th Nov 17, 8:57 AM
    • 2,779 Posts
    • 1,848 Thanks
    jpsartre
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:57 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:57 AM
    Is it better to buy them as soon as the airline makes them available or wait tiĺ later?
    Originally posted by ness w
    It can be either. Really, there's no hard and fast rules when it comes to booking at the right time.

By all means, use price comparison sites to look for routes and prices but book your tickets direct from the airline (would be my advice).
    • ness w
    • By ness w 29th Nov 17, 7:56 PM
    • 330 Posts
    • 572 Thanks
    ness w
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:56 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:56 PM
    The wedding isn't until 2019 in September. I'll save until then and take myself and as many of my children as I can afford. I live in the sticks so don't mind where I fly from but I'm guessing it's got to be London.

• Shimrod
    • By Shimrod 29th Nov 17, 9:50 PM
    • 927 Posts
    • 494 Thanks
    Shimrod
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:50 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:50 PM
    The wedding isn't until 2019 in September. I'll save until then and take myself and as many of my children as I can afford. I live in the sticks so don't mind where I fly from but I'm guessing it's got to be London.
    A quick glance at Ottawa airports shows no arrivals from Europe today, you may be better flying into Montreal which is only a couple of hours away, and opens up a wider range of flights from other locations including Glasgow and Manchester. It depends on what you call the 'sticks'. Air Transat and Westjet are possible low cost options, or Wow Air from Edinburgh or London.
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 29th Nov 17, 10:14 PM
    • 2,482 Posts
    • 1,656 Thanks
    EssexExile
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:14 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:14 PM
    Or Toronto, you're going to want to see Niagara while you're there & that's the right direction.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 30th Nov 17, 6:34 AM
    • 7,300 Posts
    • 9,043 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:34 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:34 AM
    Or fly to somewhere else that flies on to your preferred destination.

I've "started" trips in Milan and Dublin this year to save on my fare.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,112Posts Today

7,023Users online

Martin's Twitter