Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • Roger1
    • By Roger1 6th Nov 17, 10:37 AM
    • 1,308 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    Roger1
    • 6th Nov 17, 10:37 AM
    • 6th Nov 17, 10:37 AM
    Sad news. We used them a lot.

Good to see reservations staff will be kept on. Hoping that the drivers will be looked after.
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 6th Nov 17, 4:12 PM
    • 2,973 Posts
    • 1,495 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    • 6th Nov 17, 4:12 PM
    • 6th Nov 17, 4:12 PM
    It seems Holiday Extras have only bought the mailing list and website, it is far from clear whether they will be honouring bookings paid for before November 3rd, certainly worth a phone call or email to check.
    • pompeyrich
    • By pompeyrich 7th Nov 17, 7:33 AM
    • 3,047 Posts
    • 3,078 Thanks
    pompeyrich
    • 7th Nov 17, 7:33 AM
    • 7th Nov 17, 7:33 AM
    Any updates on this? My car is currently parked in a pp car park at Heathrow, we are due back on Friday afternoon and a bit concerned. The pp website seems to be back up and taking bookings but couldn't see any other info. Thanks in advance.
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 7th Nov 17, 10:09 AM
    • 4,945 Posts
    • 3,579 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    • 7th Nov 17, 10:09 AM
    • 7th Nov 17, 10:09 AM
    Any updates on this? My car is currently parked in a pp car park at Heathrow, we are due back on Friday afternoon and a bit concerned. The pp website seems to be back up and taking bookings but couldn't see any other info. Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by pompeyrich
    They were taken over so I assume everything will remain the same.

“Whilst the pre-pack purchase sees us responsible for new bookings made from November 3 via the brand, we are also focussed on ensuring that every customer that had an existing booking with Purple Parking, has their parking arrangements honoured."

From http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/291348/holiday-taxis-buys-purple-parking-brand-and-website
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • CM66
    • By CM66 7th Nov 17, 10:55 AM
    • 506 Posts
    • 2,984 Thanks
    CM66
    • 7th Nov 17, 10:55 AM
    • 7th Nov 17, 10:55 AM
    I had booked 2 spaces for my brother & friends on Sunday at Heathrow and everything was fine. Holiday extras have taken over everything by the looks of it, but its always worth a quick phone call to them to make sure!
    • Reece16reece
    • By Reece16reece 8th Nov 17, 1:26 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Reece16reece
    • 8th Nov 17, 1:26 PM
    Airport Purple parking
    • 8th Nov 17, 1:26 PM
    Anyone aware that Purple Parking may have gone into administration?

I tried to check the details of my pre-booked Gatwick airport parking today and was told by the administrator company that Purple Parking were no longer trading. My booking was being honoured as PP did not own the car park itself at Gatwick, but the implication was that this was not the case for all PP sites across the UK.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 8th Nov 17, 1:27 PM
    • 31,939 Posts
    • 37,677 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 8th Nov 17, 1:27 PM
    • 8th Nov 17, 1:27 PM
    Yes , there's another thread about it , think airport extras took them over
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 8th Nov 17, 1:29 PM
    • 31,939 Posts
    • 37,677 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 8th Nov 17, 1:29 PM
    • 8th Nov 17, 1:29 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5739494&highlight=purple
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 8th Nov 17, 3:50 PM
    • 4,945 Posts
    • 3,579 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    Merging these threads as they are about the same thing
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • pompeyrich
    • By pompeyrich 10th Nov 17, 8:43 PM
    • 3,047 Posts
    • 3,078 Thanks
    pompeyrich
    Just a quick update, got back to Heathrow this evening and all as smooth as ever. Had I not seen this post while away, I would never have known of PPs problems. No doubt there was problems when the news broke, as captured in the Sun but the PP buses seemed very busy, arrivals and departures so all good.
    • mopman94
    • By mopman94 13th Nov 17, 11:10 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mopman94
    I had no idea they had gone into administration, I didn't receive an email or anything (searched my email and checked my spam but there is nothing).

I only found out because I just phoned them to see if it will be ok for me to turn up and hour early for my parking at the beginning of December and to say I couldn't seem to view my booking on their website.

They said that they had gone into administration which is why I couldn't view my booking online but that my booking would not be effected, they couldn't however change bookings from before they went into administration but turning up and hour prior would be fine.
    • MairOC
    • By MairOC 16th Nov 17, 4:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MairOC
    I booked parking at the HIGHWAYMAN Cardiff via Purple Parking in Oct, and today they told that PP has gone bust and Holiday Extras had taken over. Contacted HE but although they told us that they would honour the booking, the HIGHWAYMAN were adamant that our booking was not valid because they haven't been paid (fair enough). I got involved in on-line chat and phone calls with both parties - Holiday Extra insisting booking is valid and HIGHWAYMAN insisting it is not. Eventually had a voice mail from HE confirming my booking is lost and advising me to try and get my money back from the credit card co. What a shambles!!!! Haven't tried to reclaim yet but doubt I'll get it back.
    • SecondLife
    • By SecondLife 7th Dec 17, 2:29 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SecondLife
    Purple Parking
    Just spoke to them and HE are saying they are honouring bookings paid for prior to the administration date of 2 December, however they are unable to change any car details from those originally entered so if like me you need to change the registration number leave a bit of extra time as you have to do this via the intercom system at the barrier.
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 8th Dec 17, 10:33 AM
    • 4,945 Posts
    • 3,579 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    I booked parking at the HIGHWAYMAN Cardiff via Purple Parking in Oct, and today they told that PP has gone bust and Holiday Extras had taken over. Contacted HE but although they told us that they would honour the booking, the HIGHWAYMAN were adamant that our booking was not valid because they haven't been paid (fair enough). I got involved in on-line chat and phone calls with both parties - Holiday Extra insisting booking is valid and HIGHWAYMAN insisting it is not. Eventually had a voice mail from HE confirming my booking is lost and advising me to try and get my money back from the credit card co. What a shambles!!!! Haven't tried to reclaim yet but doubt I'll get it back.
    Originally posted by MairOC
    Oh dear, I hope you manage to get this sorted
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,700Posts Today

7,599Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin