TkMaxx selling Sainsburys TU cardigan with labels changed

Options
Bought a cardigan in TKMaxx with a designer label in. On arriving home and checking washing instructions noticed on label inside cardigan 'sainsburys careline' with tel nbr! Called nbr and got sainsburys customer service. After explaining about the cardigan advisor said TKMaxx should not be selling any clothing with sainsburys label on. Was advised to take photos and send to customer service, I was also given an Enq nbr. Ive done this twice and had confirmation of receipt of my email and no more, that was over a week ago..so much for Sainsburys customer service. So be warned if you shop in TKMaxx check the labels inside. Item was even being sold at a higher price! Whats strange is why would a customer change labels in a TU item to a supposid designer one? So makes you wonder what really goes on. Maybe thats why Sainsburys have'nt responded to my emails!

Comments

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    What was the response from TKMaxx?

Not sure what Sainsburys have done wrong here on the face of it. Did you ask for a response from them?

It could be as simple as the manufacturer supplies both retailers and the wrong label has been put in my accident.

This is more a P,V&W post than Consumer Rights it would appear though.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bought a cardigan in TKMaxx with a designer label in. On arriving home and checking washing instructions noticed on label inside cardigan 'sainsburys careline' with tel nbr! Called nbr and got sainsburys customer service. After explaining about the cardigan advisor said TKMaxx should not be selling any clothing with sainsburys label on. Was advised to take photos and send to customer service, I was also given an Enq nbr. Ive done this twice and had confirmation of receipt of my email and no more, that was over a week ago..so much for Sainsburys customer service. So be warned if you shop in TKMaxx check the labels inside. Item was even being sold at a higher price! Whats strange is why would a customer change labels in a TU item to a supposid designer one? So makes you wonder what really goes on. Maybe thats why Sainsburys have'nt responded to my emails!

Either a customer has bought a designer item from TKMaxx and swapped the label to get a refund but keep the item or as TKMaxx sell seconds whoever produces things for sainsbury May also produce for other companies (that TKMaxx is allowed to sell) and they made a mistake in the factory with the label. That could even be the reason it’s a second.

I don’t quite see your problem though, you saw an item you liked, advertised at a price you were happy to pay and that’s what you bought. Why is it suddenly not worth it?
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Which designer was the item claiming to be from?

TK Maxx do buy old stock and relabel it as their own, so was this one of their made up designer labels?

As long as it wasn't claiming to be a Harvey Nic's or similar, then I can't see the issue.

You saw the cardigan, liked it, was happy with the price and purchased it.
  • JanetsPlanet
    Options
    Someone had clearly changed the labels, cut off the tu bit but obviously didnt realise it mentioned sainsburys on the washing label.
  • JanetsPlanet
    Options
    Just seen the comment about p v & w. Yes should have posted there. New to all this!
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Someone had clearly changed the labels, cut off the tu bit but obviously didnt realise it mentioned sainsburys on the washing label.

So what designer label did it have in it ?
  • JanetsPlanet
    Options
    Carina Ricci some Italian make!
  • JanetsPlanet
    Options
    No definately someone adjusting it. Cut off the Tu part of the label. And yes noted your point about P V & T thats where I should have posted just to make others aware. I.m still waiting to hear from TK
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well this is TKMaxx’s Carina Ricci selection, does the one you bought look like any of them?

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/search/?text=Carina+ricci
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm not sure what you expect Sainsbury's Customer Service to do. You aren't their customer, your TKMaxx's customer. Other than thanking you for letting them know what were you expecting them to do for you?
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure